My Dream Has Come True

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Angel! Posts: 1494
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Girls, Went for first fitting for dress today. Was so nervous cause I'd only ever tried it on in a completely different colour and wrong size. Anyway I am over the moon. It needs to be taken in 4 inches !!! :eek According to girls in the shop, that's about 3 dress sizes :eek :eek My dress will be just about a size 10 on the day, and that was my dream. I would have been happy with a 12, but this is just the best news I've ever had. The whole build up has been so stressful, and if you've read other posts of mine, you'll know I seriously battle with my weight... I am so happy today :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Also picked up rings :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
gerbil Posts: 3528
WOW! well doen :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll that's amazing, I;m sure you'll look absolutely fabulous O-O
Lucy2007 Posts: 427
Oh thats brilliant bookie.....you must be so happy Mind yourself now :thnk
july2009bride Posts: 532
Well done, that's fantastic news enjoy the rest of this time. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Thanks girls, I'm on such a high today now. It was a bit disappointing that I couldn't get the full impact of the dress cause it was so big, and didn't pull me in for a good waist. But hey, that's a good kind of disappointment. Ooh, I just can't wait to wear it for real now...
darkie27 Posts: 1449
Well done to you as its not easily done O-O
justme Posts: 1700
wow well done you! how did you lose all the wight if you dont mind me asking - need to lose about half stone myself
Hi justme, I've been doing WW since April. And I also had an underactive thyroid. So hours in the gym and healthy eating was doing nothing. I'm on meds now so my metabolism is working normally for the first time. All the work in the gym is fnally showing me results... It only took me 3 weeks of WW to lose first half stone, so you'll be fine with that... :wv
justme Posts: 1700
3 weeks to lose half a stone is brilliant - i guess I have to do the whole gym thing as well as WW though I am so unfit i am dreading joining a gym - i get out of breath really easily its terrible :-8 .
You'll be surprised at how quickly you can get fit. I remember a few years ago, I was so unfit. Then I decided to do mini marathon. I wasn't even engaged yet, but I just was bored and needed a goal. The first night H2B took me for a jog, I had pains and couldn't breathe by the end of the driveway :o0 :o0 Two weeks later, i was jogging just over a km without keeling over. Now I run 6km every morning before work. You just need the motivation to get going, then it gets easier each time. Believe me. My motivation was looking at how big I was in holiday photos and being too embarrassed to go out cause all my clothes were too small and I couldn't afford to buy new ones. Then we started planning a wedding, so that was even more motivation... :wv