Names- Again!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Pregnant07 Posts: 6
I have given in and conceded defeat to my husband regarding the name Beau. We have now decided to go for more traditional names (as some of you pointed out) an unusual name might just make our child the target of unnecessary teasing etc. Just wondered what names you all like/ are thinking of. Here's our list (we are agreeing to disagree on some of them!) Cian Callum Finn James Liam Charlotte Lucy Arabella Bella Grace Sophie
over the moon Posts: 676
Oh I love this topic... We called our DD Lucy.. Love the name because it's simple, girly and goes well with our surname..(these are all things which you've got to consider when choosing a name) I also love the following names. Girls: Eabha Ella Holly Caoimhe Boys: Riain Liam Conor
Topolino Posts: 1659
I'm not into names that are in the top 10 to be honest. There are so many Callums, Liams, Ellas around. By the time they start school there'll be a few in every class and I just wouldn't like that for my child. We had a boy and a girl's name picked out but at the last scan the doctor said it's two girls instead of a boy and girl as they originally thought so all we have is one girl's name. It's not even that we can't agree on another girl's name. We just can't find even one we like enough!
mummytime Posts: 3149
I think Finn and Bella are great names. Good luck with your decision!! MC
fantac Posts: 4109
[quote="Pregnant07":jg2cmb4s]I have given in and conceded defeat to my husband regarding the name Beau. We have now decided to go for more traditional names (as some of you pointed out) an unusual name might just make our child the target of unnecessary teasing etc. Just wondered what names you all like/ are thinking of. Here's our list (we are agreeing to disagree on some of them!) Cian Callum Finn James Liam Charlotte Lucy Arabella Bella Grace Sophie[/quote:jg2cmb4s] howdy - isnt it funny how everyones names taste is so different - i like finn out of the boys, agree with topolino, the others are a bit over popular for my chosing. on the girls, i like charlotte, lucy, bella and sophie, but again they are quite popular at the moment. its so hard isnt it.... we have ours picked, but not saying what they are cos currently i dont know of anyone calling their children those names and i'd like it to stay that way!!
Topolino Posts: 1659
I'm telling no-one one of my names either AiryFairy! It's the ONLY name we like so part of the reason is I don't want to be turned off it.
[quote="Topolino":jd4hfxf4]I'm telling no-one one of my names either AiryFairy! It's the ONLY name we like so part of the reason is I don't want to be turned off it.[/quote:jd4hfxf4] us too - we love it and always have so thats the name and i dont want anyone telling me its yukky!
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Damn girls - now I really want to know your names :o0
sinion Posts: 6050
my friend's little boy is Finn and I think it's such a lovely name
[quote="swissgirl":1vdqxa2d]Damn girls - now I really want to know your names :o0[/quote:1vdqxa2d] without doubt THE coolest names in the world ever - aint that right topolino! ah no, i'm sure most folk wouldnt like our names, thats why i dont want to say, they're not uber trendy or anything, just deffo not on the top 10 or probably top 100 lists!