New Year's Eve 2012

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chloe paddington Posts: 58
Hi everyone Would you freak out if you got a wedding invite for New Year's Eve? The hotel we are looking at has this date available but I'm not sure how I would feel. Christmas/New Year's put alot of pressure on people so I'm not sure how I would feel about putted more expense on guests. So, how would u feel? Would you run a mile or come along & enjoy the day.
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
I'd be delighted. It's a stupid night out, and you feel like you have to go out. Would love a wedding on that date
happyfamily Posts: 3323
If it was one of my close friends i'd be delighted because i'd be spending that night with all that gang anyway. If it was someone from work or a cousin that i didn't know v well i'd hate it. But if i didn't want to go i'd just RSVP and decline! There have been threads on NYE weddings before and be warned that suppliers can be hard to book and can cost more-esp a good band!
mijas chica Posts: 544
Hey :wv I think if you give people enough notice then there should be no problem. People always look for a good party on NYE and now you can save them the hassle of organising one! I think it's a great idea, good luck whatever you decide!
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Oh id love to go to a wedding on news years... will you put me on your wedding list :o0
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
New Years is always one of those nights where we end up doing nothing as town always mental, everywhere mad expensive to get in etc so would love to go to a wedding on NYE! And as others have said once you give people plenty of notice and book suppliers in time you'll be grand!
hannah h Posts: 546
We had one last year and it was fantastic. Great buzz around all day long. Loved it.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
I don't think it will make much of a difference, just give your guests a little more notice with regards to invitations as money can be tight ( I know it is with us anyway) around Xmas, so your guests will need more notice in order to save for your present, if they need to buy clothes, if they need to stay over, pay for drinks during the day, etc. Also, guests with children will also need to organise a babysitter which can be impossible to get on NYE. For yourself it may be harder to get suppliers, and some (like a band) may be more expensive to work on NYE.
Snuffy Posts: 1492
As a guest I reckon my only issue would be the babysitter one( now this is assumIng I am close to the couple and want to go sorta thing). Everyone who ever minds my ds have more of a social life than me and usually have plans for the night. Now thats just me! I'd definately rather go to a wedding than spend the night watching the feckin stoopid irelands got talent yoke or something equally bad!
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
I wouldn't mind going to a wedding on NYE. I think it would have a lovely Christmassy, party atmosphere and everyone would be in the holiday spirit.