New year's Venue within 1 - 1.5hrs from Dublin??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Miss Indecisive Posts: 996
Does anyone know of any good new year's eve venues within an hour - 1.5hrs drive from Dublin? Trying to find an affordable hotel/country house that is open for New Year's 2008 and would accomodate a smallish wedding (under 100). Lot's of places I've talked to want exclusive hire charges (we don't necessarily want exclusive use of the place) or are closed for New years. Anyone know venues that are hosting black tie balls around New Year's or that could accomodate a smallish wedding?? Thanks for any feedback. Am beyond frustration at this stage and edging nearer desperation with each phone call!!! Miss Ind.
MrsDoyle Posts: 663
How about Marlfield House in Gorey? About 1.5 hours from Dublin (will be quicker when the new by-pass opens soon) and they have limited numbers so weddings have to be small. http://www.marlfieldhouse.com/weddings.html
Black Panther Posts: 17
Middleton Park House in Castletown-Geoghegan. It's a gorgeous venue.....don't know if it's open for New Years though...
amnu Posts: 49
Hi, You could try the Four Seasons in carlingford - it caters for small weddings! about 1hr 15min from Dublin its just outside Dundalk
thanks Wollies, would love to go for Carlingford, ideally Ghan House but think the venue hire is just going to be way out of our range. Getting some figures soon. Heard quite a few bad reports about the 4 seasons in Carlingford on this site so was bit scared off! Have you first hand experience of it yourself?
amnu Posts: 49
I think when it first opened there were a few teething problems but because it was getting bad reviews I think they got their act together. I havn't been to a wedding there but it is very popular at the minute. I do venue decoration and we have quite a few bookings for this year in it and even a bride from Dublin is having their wedding there next month so I'm sure she investigated it before booking? Sorry I'm not much addition!
not at all, it all helps! Cheers!
shoegals Posts: 1640
You could try Ballymascanlon, http://www.ballymascanlon.com/
bump!
The Sinner Posts: 1175
The Ghan house is far cheaper than the Ballymac and the four seasons! You rent the whole house out for the day and night, if you want or you can just rent a room for the meal depending on your numbers. I have all the details if you want to pm me. :thnk