Nose bleeds

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Martiespride Posts: 997
Hi, im getting a nose every single morning when i blow my nose. is anyone else getting this?
contented Posts: 2625
I've only had one full on nose bleed but do have major nasal congestion and the inside of my nose is quite raw. If I blow my nose to hard it bleeds a little but not too much. I'm just putting it down to pregnancy and nothing else. The few books I have read say its common enough but I suppose you could ask your GP just in case.
Martiespride Posts: 997
ive looked up a few bits on the web. im just getting them every day, had a big one this am. hopefully it will pass....
WinterGal Posts: 835
I was probably getting 2 or 3 nose bleeds a day in the second trimester which has eased off to just blood clots most times I blow my nose now. It doesn't bother me as I was always prone to nose bleeds anyway and my sister had warned me that i be plagued by them if I were ever to get pregnant. Tis one of the joys I guess.
Chococat Posts: 1632
I had loads of nose bleeds when I was pregnant. I'd get at least 1 clot in each, my nose bleeds lasted at least 30 minutes each. They would happen at the most embarrassing times too. I got one on the train and before I got a tissue I got blood on the seat, the floor, the table & my scarf.
april 08 bride Posts: 640
Hi Everyone, i get nose blood clots too, mainly in the morning when i blow my nose. I was bit worried about it but reassuring to know this is quite common.
tanyababy. Posts: 511
yep I used to get one of these every morning in the 1st trimester. They went away but started again a few weeks ago- very annoying especially when you are rushing getting ready for work and you need to stick a tissue up your nose :o0
ellee Posts: 666
Yeah I get these too - o joy o bliss - all the things they don't mention when encouraging you to get preggers! :o0
madhatter01 Posts: 495
yep i get them more often the longer into the oregnancy, googled it and it just cos we are carrying more blood around our bods, nothing to worry about!
byebye Posts: 599
I get a lot of blood in my nose in the morning. (no bleeds though) I suffer with sinus problems anyway so use a nasal spray called Sterimar and when it gets bad, I use sinurinse. (I reckon it has stoppped me getting any nose bleeds) Oh a good tip to avoid a bleed is to blow your nose as gently as you can. After you blow it, use the nasal spray. It frees up the nasal passage.. Hope this helps