NoZilla

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BlahBlahBride Posts: 2744
I bought The Silver Spoon today. I can't wait to try them all out. Have you any favourite recipes, anything you recommend?
NowGone Posts: 8042
Oooh! Yes I do! Try the game pie (but I've changed that recepie to make it a bit easier - let me know if you wnat me to send it to you) Try also the pork in milk, the Irish Stew, the Chicken Pie, any of the pasta sauces (all awesome). Try the veal saltimbocca, but only use 1 teaspoon of marsala and dry white wine to make up the rest of the quantities... Will have a think about others. Such a great book.
Thank you NZ :thnk Oooooh, there is so much choice. Think i will try the Veal on Sunday.
I love the veal - it's so quick, too. If you do it with sauteed spinach, and a side of tagliatelle in something like puttanesca or all'arriabiata sauce, you'll be laughing!
Sound's yum NZ. I just had a quick flick through the book last night, the sauces sound delish.
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
YOu both have me drooling , I'm starving !!!
Senorita Posts: 3413
I'm waiting delivery from Amazon for this cookery book :o)ll I've heard so many great reports on it, can't wait to get it into the kitchen with me :o0
Milly83 Posts: 3620
Is it really good? I like cooking but I am useless when it comes to buying the ingredients and knowing what to get. Does it explain all that easily?
Not really - it's isn't very step by step - it assumes a certain level of skill/knowledge/experience (but not THAT much). A really good book I'd recommend is Cook with Jamie by Mr. Oliver.
I love cooking so can't wait to get stuck into this book. Zill's, your good self and Token will have to come to Galway sometime for dinner at my house. :o0