Nurofen while in first trimester

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Flipflopflip Posts: 14
I'm pretty sure I've sprained my ankle. Am in a lot of pain. Can hardly walk on it. Took a paracetamol I know it's safe during pregnancy but not getting much relief from it. Is it unsafe to take ibuprofen. I'm 8 weeks
rosiemama Posts: 3363
I'm pretty sure you can't take ibuprofen at all during pregancy. If you need something stronger I think you can have cocodamol which has paracetemol and codeine. If you're in that much pain though I would get it checked out. Feel better soon :action32
Flipflopflip Posts: 14
Am in total agony. Will definitely go to gp in morning. Not a lot he'll be able to do I'd say especially when pg. Won't be able to have an X-ray. Hate taking medication when pg but pain is so bad I'm gonna need something better than paracetamol.
teapotty Posts: 2085
I def wouldn't take anything other than paracetamol without doctors advice. Btw you may be able to have an x ray: a dentist told me that's a bit of an old fashioned thing, that they can protect your torso and baby and do a localised x ray, especially should be possible on your foot.
lorraine78 Posts: 988
I'm suffering terrible headaches and asked my doc could i take nurofen,he said not a chance,only paracetemol.
oldwife Posts: 170
My doc told me you can take solpadeine, up to 6 a day just not for a prolonged period. hope the pain eases soon.