Ok go on, one more person tell me how big i am.. I dare you!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

stormrages222 Posts: 44
I swear if one more person come up and tells me i'm really big i might actually take a swing at them.. I'm five foot nothing and before i got pregnant i was about 8 and a half stone.. Why do people feel the need to point out the fact that i have a very big bump..So much so that i have had a number of people asking am i sure its not twins (Eh no.. that might be something the doctors would have mentioned!!!).. I swear there is a girl who works across the road from me and every time i see her (i now hide) she keeps saying stuff like "wow you are so big" and "and what are you going to be like by the time the baby is ready to be born, cause you know you put on a lot of weight in the last month" i swear i may actually run her over.. I have had a lovely pregnancy, no sickness, nothing to complain ... please someone ... tell me you have had to listen to this.. i feel like a hippo...
Emme Posts: 4735
Oh I could rant forever about what people say! They have to say something, I wish someone could be imaginative though. Like 'God your vagina is going to be in tatters afterwards' kind of thing. As horrified as I'd be I'd respect them more for their imaginative small talk.
brillent.. :thnk
babybuzz Posts: 474
well i was the opposite i had loads of people tell me how small i am and it really started to freak me out thinking there was something wrong with my baby. i will never comment on a pregnant womans bump! (i dont think i ever did before but i will never again)
Toni Baloney Posts: 544
To the girl you work across from I would say something like: 'Yes I am quite aware that my stomach is increasing in size. Thats what happens during pregnancy'. People amaze me.
October_2007 Posts: 937
[quote:10qiielr]Oh I could rant forever about what people say! They have to say something, I wish someone could be imaginative though. Like 'God your vagina is going to be in tatters afterwards' kind of thing. As horrified as I'd be I'd respect them more for their imaginative small talk.[/quote:10qiielr] HILARIOUS :o0 :o0
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Oh I had that from about 30 weeks on O:| O:| O:| I was really sensitive when somebody said anything about my baby bump, but with most people would grin and bare it. But there were 2 guys at work that would joke and say how "FAT" I had gotten and my DH's SIL would always comment how big I was when she saw me and then via text tell me I must be gone huge altogether by now >:o( O:| try to brush it off as much as you can, but I will say my one regret was not being rude back cos these people are not worried about being rude to you. :wv
coconut Posts: 2183
i have said to me people when they tell me how big i am i say well i am pregnant whats ur reasoning????
thanks girls.. i was feeling a bit down about it yesterday (ok well i was more like murdering someone then down) but you guys cheered me up!! I do like the idea of saying "Well in case you missed it i am pregnant.." that should shut them up!!
SuzyC Posts: 335
Im never happy ... I hate when they say how big I am but I think I hate it a bit more if they say oh you have a very tidy bump!!!!!!! I know my self i am HUGE... thats cause its my 3rd (or so I keep telling myself) :-8