Menu

Ok, now it's really hit me...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs..D Posts: 1741
...I'm going to be a Mammy very soon. I've spent the last couple of days all teary and emotional, it's just hit me that it's all real if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong the day I have our baby is going to be the best day of my entire life without doubt but it's just all getting a bit overwhelming. Please tell me someone else feels like this, excited beyond belief but slightly scared and nervous....
naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
oh yeah hit me like a sledge hammer the last time around.think most people experience this to some degree or another so you're not on your own. best of luck
bam bam Posts: 1756
Oh God yeah, terrified and never been so happy all at the same time. People keep asking me if i'm nervous about the labour and I'm like no, haven't given much thought to it as there's nothing I can do about it, but its actually comming home with the baby that has me terrified!!! What if we can't cope with the lack of sleep, what if I can't feed the baby, what if babs hates us :eek :o0 The list goes on and on..... I'm sure we're not on our own, and I reakon it won't ease off until we have that little miracle in our arms and it'll all fall into place, hopefully!!!
I'm glad I'm not alone! I was just thinking the other day God I can't wait til I have the baby and all the pregnancy worries are gone, but then I realised I'm going to have a million other worries once babs is here! I think I'm going to be one of those mothers that wraps them up in cotton wool and never lets them out of her sight! God help my baby! :o0
lisa Posts: 1612
Snap Mrs.D, Its getting so real. Takes nothing to set me off in tears this week.
[quote="lisa":1vzlxn3q]Snap Mrs.D, Its getting so real. Takes nothing to set me off in tears this week.[/quote:1vzlxn3q] Exactly! And I had only been complimenting myself on my lack of hormonal outbursts and tears so far! I nearly started crying at my antenatal today for no reason!
bam bam Posts: 1756
Sorry to say the crying hormones only gets worse from here, I hadn't been to bad, but now i'm like a leaking tap the last few weeks, crying at the crown add where the dad stayed up to paint the baby's room, cried at our anti natel class when she was showing how the baby comes through the pelvis using a little doll, my God I just felt so sorry for what it'll have to go through to get here and how amazing it was. My DH was laughing at me the brat :o0
pie Posts: 61
god ya I'm exactly the same.. Glad you wrote this, as really feeling like this at the mo. so excited but overwhelmed too.. thinking about next few weeks, then months and even years ahead! nearly thoought i would burst into tears at antenatal tour of labour ward too.. all becoming very real..
mooky Posts: 1501
[quote="Bam Bam":1lsd2h08]Oh God yeah, terrified and never been so happy all at the same time. People keep asking me if i'm nervous about the labour and I'm like no, haven't given much thought to it as there's nothing I can do about it, but its actually comming home with the baby that has me terrified!!! What if we can't cope with the lack of sleep, what if I can't feed the baby, what if babs hates us :eek :o0 The list goes on and on..... I'm sure we're not on our own, and I reakon it won't ease off until we have that little miracle in our arms and it'll all fall into place, hopefully!!![/quote:1lsd2h08] I'm the EXACT same!! not thinking about labour too much at all. Its bringing baby home. Will I be able to stop it crying. Will it all come naturally to me. Will my instinct kick in. Will I bond with baby? Will I resent not being able to pop out shopping whenever I want (I feel guilty about this one!) Its nice to hear these feelings are natural.
MrsMoneypenny Posts: 783
Well i just wish to god i had seen this post during my pregnancy. I completely hit the wall for about a week at the same stage as you Mrs D. I thought i was losing it. I was just so overwhelmed but once it passed i was really for it all!!! now i am the proud mammy of a gorgeous girl and the fear (even though perfectly understandable at the time) is not necessary - it'll be so very very ok!!! :o)ll :o)ll