Menu

Olives - Can't believe the're fattening

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

miss choc Posts: 1270
I love my food and last year got addicted to avocados and just realised they are fattening. I'm just back from Spain now and my new addiction is olives I used to think they were gross but love eating them as a tapas over there and am hooked on them now. I checked out to see if they are fattening and some threads on internet say they are. Cant believe all the healthy type foods I like are fattening shouldnt have gone near them I'm addicted now and could easily eat a good few watching telly :duh: might be just a phase of eating certain foods went made for tuna sandwiches every day a couple of years ago :o0
true better than choccy or crisps any day I always find when I'm abroad I eat tons of salads fruit etc didnt eat any choccies, cake etc while on hols just sucumbed to loads of Sangria (fruit in that though) : ) I always find it harder to eat salads in this country especially when the weather is horrible all year round :o(
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
They may be high in calories but they have zero cholesterol and are full of the good fats that you and your brain need. So don't feel guilty about snacking on a few! I adore olives, especially the big Queen ones. Though my favourite thing is a black olive paste, just mashed up black olives really, served on crusty Italian or French bread. Drooooolll!!!!
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
They're not.
NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
Yeah, dont think they can be that bad. Got a tub from Boots with lunch the other day with quite a few olives in there and only 97 calories so really don't think they are that bad.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
here ya go 1 green, fresh medium size of 6g contains 2 calories. 1 black, fresh medium size of 6g contains 10 calories. 3 green in brine medium size contain 25 calories. 3 black in brine, medium size contain 40 calories. 3 stuffed, medium size of 20g contain 25 calories
Service Finder
I've started eating those big Greek queen ones they are bigger than the Spanish ones I got with tapas, unfortunately they are marinated in oil and herbs and are very moorish. Gonna try eating the fresh ones btw anyone know if there are any shops that sell spanish food in Dublin got a bit of a tapas addiction now I'm defo going to make Sangria love the stuff
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
olives aren't fattening! in weight watchers they are half a point for 10 so 20 olives (can't see you eating much more than that in one sitting!) is only 1 point out of a possible 18-28 in the day. good healthy snack!
Really half a point for about 10 thats good :eek I usally eat a few for a snack so addictive and better than reaching for the choccy bar