Menu

Online study with CMIT

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

barbaraann Posts: 1500
Hi guys Just wondering has anyone done any online course with CMIT? I'm very interested in a course but would love some general feedback on them. Cheers O-O
Eleanor Rigby Posts: 1067
I'm currently in the midst of my first of two courses with CMIT. It is fine, you work at your own pace and the courses are FETAC accredited. You definitely need to be someone who can work on initiative, if you don't hand in your assignments nobody will chase you. You also never get to meet other students so don't get the comradery of a class which can egg you on, but if you can dedicate yourself I'd recommend it. Hth.
Oh that's good to hear. I've no problem working away on my own - living in Donegal you get used to it lol I like the way CMIT have their courses set out I.e. 6 wks, 3 mths etc Plus their fees seem reasonable. I've requested a prospectus but is it true you can start the courses at any point during the year? Thanks for feedback.
Ooops double post :)
Eleanor Rigby Posts: 1067
Yep. You can start any time. If you want to do two courses you can choose to do them simultaneously but when I suggested it signing up they said I could start my four month course, judge how I'm doing, and then start the 10 week one when I feel like it. So far I've found the course work well laid out and reasonably manageable but am not ready to do both at the same time yet. I'd say get in contact with them, I found them fairly helpful in guiding me and offered me a good price as I signed up for two courses.
You're a star. Thanks Eleanor. Very reassuring to hear. :)
John Walsh Guitar