Pain in Lower Stomach? 10 wks...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wanna Baby Posts: 58
Hey girls! I'm 10 wks gone and have noticed that if i get out of bed or even up from a chair quickly that I get a sharp pain in my lower abdomen - like a muscel pain on my left hand side... Does this make any sense? Has anyone experienced these kind of pains? I'm just panicked when I get any pain cos I'm still in the early stages..I've had no spotting or anything. Any advise or reassurance would be gratefully received!! Thanks! :thnk :thnk :thnk
pluto Posts: 3893
I get this too, Wanna Baby. I said it to the midwife when I was in for a 9 week scan, and she said its nothing to worry about. Its just all the stretching going on. She said I have to remember that this is the first time my body is going through all this, so there's lots going on. Sometimes there can be slight bruising (which we saw in the scan) to the area outside the sac, but its nothing to worry about at all. Where she pointed out a dark area outside the sac was exactly where I had the pain - lower left abdomen. Now at the moment I'm getting it on the left. Don't worry at all, all these things are normal. *)
Aw Madgie thank you so much for getting back to me! You've put me at ease! It's my first pregnancy so like yourself I guess it's just my body getting used to everything! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Thanks again for replying! :thnk :thnk :thnk
pluto Posts: 3893
No worries! :thnk
oirish Posts: 1541
yup I get this too especially coughing or sneezing. It can be quite a sharp pain too. Nothing to worry about - it's just stretching :)
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
[quote="oirish":htvmgajo]yup I get this too especially coughing or sneezing. It can be quite a sharp pain too. Nothing to worry about - it's just stretching :)[/quote:htvmgajo] I got this too, i used to sneeze a lot in the first 12 weeks and i had to make sure i pulled my legs up to my chest or id get a sharp pain down low. GP said its ligaments stretching and nothing to worry about. I still get it now but mainly when i go for a walk, its like a bad stitch. Wanna Baby just make sure you stand up slowly and you should be fine.
Thanks girls! I'll take your advice about standing up slowly and not jumping up outta bed! This forum is great! So reassuring to be able to talk about these things with girls in the same situation! Time to go home now me thinks! :wv :wv :wv