pain like a stitch on lefthandside at my waist

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

steen2009 Posts: 464
I have a pain on my lefthandside at my waist. Do you think its a kidney infection. It gets a little sorer and fades away again. Dont think its the baby no blood and going to the toliet as normal. Cant find the number for vhi nurseline!
JDD Posts: 1316
It might be a kidney infection alright. I tested positive for one at 12 weeks, though I didn't have any symptoms. I took a weeks worth of pregnancy-safe antibiotics and have been right as rain since, so it's really nothing to worry about (though obv you'd like to know sooner rather than later!).
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Has it just appeared or did you have it before now? I have a cyst on my left ovary and the pain is at my waist but the pain started around 6 weeks. Are you registered in a hospital? you can ring them and speak with a midwife. You should probably get it checked out, if it is a kidney infection, it won't go away of it's own ok. You doctor/nurse will be able to test you urine for this.
Mumslove Posts: 528
It actually could be stretching pains. I know I experienced this for a while in the early days. I think I was even maybe 18 weeks going into my doctor bawling my eyes out because I thought something was wrong. It was only stretching pains, I felt so embarassed It could easily be a kidney infection so theirs no harm going into your doctor to check it out, it will put your mind at ease atleast :wv
steen2009 Posts: 464
Well ended up going to the doctor and it is a kidney infection. I'm on a weeks worth of augmenton. Half to go to my gp tomorrow to send a sample to the lab. Better safe than sorry. Thanks for the replys