pet dogs & new baby

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

justwed09 Posts: 2349
just wondered: have started to think the last few days about ths. we have a dog at home and he is always around hubbie. the last week or so he has been sitting at my legs or on the sofa beside me. hubbie reckons he senses that im pregnant and is protecting the baby. any one have thoughts on this?
izzie1977 Posts: 460
Just wed, we have a dog too and he never leaves me alone now, when we are watching the TV, he us up on my lap and goes asleep with his head on my belly :lvs :lvs must hear the heartbeat bless.... :lvs :lvs
bunnyhop1 Posts: 419
I cant go to the loo but our lassie is outside whimpering and tryin to get the door open :o0 :o0 Also she wont jump on me anymore...so she must know :lvs :lvs Its so sweet....I just hope she reacts well to the babs...Id hate to lose her!!
Chancer Posts: 233
We have a few dogs, one is a sensitive little soul and he is always cuddling me anyway but he just keeps sitting starring at me now :o0 The other is a mad little yoke but she fell asleep with her head on belly the other day :lvs
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
i have two dogs and one was abused by previous owner and was very nervous but he was like my shadow when i was pregnant. they were both very over protective of me and bump and now that the bump has arrived they are very over protective of her and love to sniff her and lie next to her, she gets the odd lick too :o0
pixiechick Posts: 647
I can't speak about dogs but I have 2 cats that will not leave my side,poor DH cant even get a look in these days. They follow me everywhere. Animals must have some special sense for pregnancy or something. I think its really cute :lvs
missybride Posts: 304
i have a girl n a boy dog n they both wont leave my side either, the boy is worse than the girl, he'll follow me to toilet n all too! :) so sweet :)
funkyfish Posts: 7626
my dog refused to go 4 a walk with dh the night before i went into labour was stuck to my side the entire night, everywhere i went he was at my feet looking up at me. he defo knew animals ha. when i was wheeled into theatre to have a section there were 4 magpies on the wall outside the theatre window,,,,,, i had a boy weird ha
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
We called to MIL the other night and their dog, was over next to my lying by my feet for the entire time i was there :o0 and ever since then, when i pull into the drive at home, he flys up to me(they live in the next field) :o0 :o0 awe bless :o0
red_rubies Posts: 2424
When I started my contractions & I had to get up & walk around, my dog followed me & stood beside me while I was leaning over the chair/table. At the time I wanted to tell him to f**k off, but looking back now it was cute! :o0