Phil & Ted's Explorer

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fantac Posts: 4109
Anyone got one of these? Or considering one? Opinions please!!
Lady Di Posts: 2487
What is it?
jellybaby Posts: 2316
I have one!! Well, we have the Phil and Teds SP, which is just the newer version of it, out this year. We started with a travel system, and at 11 weeks moved to a Maclaren stroller as the travel system was too awkward for me to manage, and about 2 months ago, bought the SP. I loved the Maclaren, I really did, but the P+T is just the best thing ever!! DD was only it from about 8 months, so I can't give you any opinions (yet!!) on using it for a newborn. She loves it, it's so easy to roll (even better than the stroller), the suspension is great, and it feels so lightweight when rolling. We bought it as she was getting very heavy in the stroller, and we're TTC number 2 at the moment, so it was our choice of buggy for two little ones. We got the doubles kit with it and currently use it as a double-buggy when my niece is visiting (there's only a month between her and my DD, so it's like wheeling twins around!). As regards weight and ease of rolling, there's no difference in having two of them in it, than having just the one. It is quite big when folded (well, bigger than our Maclaren!). But in saying that, it still fits in the boot of my Micra - you just have to slip off one of the wheels so that the parcel shelf closes down on it (you just press a button to remove the wheel, and it clicks straight back in). I do find it a bit heavy also, for lifting in and out of the boot, but once you get used to how to lift it, and what way you're settling it into the boot, you do it quickly, so it's not a problem. Anyway, the weight of it is only a minor thing (well, for me anyway) as it's so fantastic to roll, and so sturdy. Get it, you know you want to!!! :o0 :o0
hee hee - yeh i want one - they look cool! and they're not madly expensive either- impressed it fits in yoru micra. lady di - its a 3 wheeler buggy, outdoorsie type, suspension and the works and you can click a little seat onto the back to make a double buggy if/when needed......
hee hee - yeh i want one - they look cool! and they're not madly expensive either- impressed it fits in yoru micra. lady di - its a 3 wheeler buggy, outdoorsie type, suspension and the works and you can click a little seat onto the back to make a double buggy if/when needed......
Topolino Posts: 1659
[quote:mk7gzq3a]you can click a little seat onto the back to make a double buggy if/when needed......[/quote:mk7gzq3a] Would it be any use for twins? If so how much is it?
[quote="Topolino":y0lsb034][quote:y0lsb034]you can click a little seat onto the back to make a double buggy if/when needed......[/quote:y0lsb034] Would it be any use for twins? If so how much is it?[/quote:y0lsb034] probably not when theyre newborn, but it'd be perfect when they're odl enough to sit in a normal buggy, c. 4 months i guess?? i cant post pics here, but mayeb someone can oblige? with all the bits, rain covers etc etc, its 600e for the 2 seater version and 500 for single seater
jellybaby Posts: 2316
It's not suitable for two newborns, but from about 3/4 months or so (depending on the babies development) they should be able to go in it. Here's some pics:
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
[color=indigo:39azlbp5]My sil has one for the two girls 2 1/2 and 6 months and I have to say its fab lovely to push nice and light and very very handy have to say myself and my dh are sold on the idea of getting one of these please god if we have a baby [/color:39azlbp5]
Topolino Posts: 1659
Just had a look and I like it as a single one but definitely wouldn't put twins in it. Don't like the idea of one being on the bottom at all. Looks pretty cool as a single buggy though.