Please help - dress disaster Now Sorted!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ohsostressed Posts: 4
Hi all, Im getting married very soon (end april) and basically as of this evening I have no dress. Collected my dress this evening from the dressmaker (bought off the rack a size too big thinking it would be easy to alter) Im not going into the ins and outs of it except to say that it didnt turn out at all as I had hoped, I looked in the mirror and my heart just sank, this is partly my fault for not being clear and jumping into buying it, so for various reasonsI now have till Easter Monday to find a new dress. It has to be ready by then at the latest. I know in my heart of hearts I feel frumpy and not fab in this dress ( I have e mailed photos to people whos opinions I trust and they agreed) So if anyone can help me or advise me boy do I need it. Im based in the West but will travel anywhere. Im small in stature 5ft 3 or so, curvy figure and really want a light weight, ideally white (chiffon would be ideal) dress. I really am not a fan of strapless, would love v neck or cap sleeves, Im a size 10 - 12 - more likely to be nearer 10 by my wedding day from stress alone :o0. I know its an impossible task at this stage, plan b is to take the dress I have to another dressmaker for a second opinion and further alterations but I just think its not ever going to flatter my figure without being totally taken apart and remodelled from scratch. Something along the lines of this dress from Debenahms (Im going in tomorrow to try it on) would be ideal.My wedding is small and late in the afternoon so I dont need a really formal dress. If anyone thinks they can help me please get in touch. Tomorrow Im going to start ringing bridal shops to see what off the peg options there may be but i thought I would post to see if anyone has a dress in mind that might suit. Thanks :o)ll
Xxcitedwife Posts: 835
ahhhhhhh ohsostressed i can only imagine how your feeling right now :o( :o( This dress is littlewoods[attachment=2:1o5vixg2]littlewoods.jpg[/attachment:1o5vixg2][attachment=1:1o5vixg2]littlewoods2.jpg[/attachment:1o5vixg2] or this one either: [attachment=0:1o5vixg2]littlew.jpg[/attachment:1o5vixg2]
jams Posts: 368
Oh No! Thats awful.. you must be so stressed, big hugs! :action32 Found these ones on debenhams.ie , sorry it wont let me post pictures but theyre both available in size 10! The dress you have the pic of is available in a size 10 on debenhams website!
Twinkle toe Posts: 1025
I know you're in the West but was just in Monsoon in Dundrum this very evening and they have some lovely dresses you can just walk away with there and then. Good luck :action32
vidia Posts: 2960
Def agree with checking out the above shops, but there is a shop in Carlow, The Wedding Collection, they stock pre loved, once worn, samples etc, and you could at least try on a few to see how you feel.. Crap situation to be in, but you will get it sorted :action32
mrscol2b Posts: 29
The White Room in Mullingar are having a huge sale tomorrow apparently, not sure if they wood have something along the lines of what you are looking for but mite be worth having a look at their website as they have a range of different labels. Best of luck with the hunt....there are some lovely dresses here that the other girls have posted! Really like that one shoulder grecian style dress...fab!!!
Crazy in lurve Posts: 196
[quote="wollybride":qo0hrfhe]Def agree with checking out the above shops, but there is a shop in Carlow, The Wedding Collection, they stock pre loved, once worn, samples etc, and you could at least try on a few to see how you feel.. Crap situation to be in, but you will get it sorted :action32[/quote:qo0hrfhe] Was going to mention The Wedding Collection too! I feel so sorry for you, you'll get sorted though :action32
islandlil Posts: 1059
Firstly ohsostressed, don't panic. You WILL get a beautiful dress and you have enough time to do so. As some others have said check out Monsoon bridal-beautiful light dresses in their collection and you can try Galway first. Coast have also launched an actual wedding dress selection and it's supposed to be in the Dundrum branch exclusively. Ring them to check and BIBA in House of Fraser Dundrum is also getting a wedding collection so if they have some then hit Dundrum shopping centre asap-they also have a monsoon so would be a great place to start. Check out the websites first to help narrow your search. Some bridal shops will also let you buy the sample etc and Oxfam in Dublin have a good collection (think you must make appointment) of lovely dresses, many never worn designer ones that you buy and take on the day. the sewzone.ie also have a big collection of pre-worn dresses in ready to take away condition. It's your wedding day, don't settle on the other dress if it doesn't suit. Remember too the right underwear can make a big difference. Let us know how you get on ok :wv
Jen83 Posts: 176
[quote="mrscol2b":3n3b428a]The White Room in Mullingar are having a huge sale tomorrow apparently, not sure if they wood have something along the lines of what you are looking for but mite be worth having a look at their website as they have a range of different labels. Best of luck with the hunt....there are some lovely dresses here that the other girls have posted! Really like that one shoulder grecian style dress...fab!!![/quote:3n3b428a] Im not sure I would go to the white room tbh... I went there and basically it was like a production line - Choose 3 dresses & try them on and I was beautiful in all 3 >:o(
Jen83 Posts: 176
Where are you based ohsostressed ?