Please tell me I'm not the only one :-(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Ok, I don't know why I was soooo stupid to do such a thing but was very happy after standing on the scales today to see that I've gained a total of 16lbs in total which is great given the amount I'm eating and the fact that I had gained a lot at the beginning. Anyway, was tidying out my wardrobe and said for the craic that I'd try and see how far a pair of my old jeans would go, now girls I know they wouldn't got up all the way or anything but they came to below my ass...I mean I thought the weight I had gained was just on my bump but obviously not!!!! :-( Anyone else tried anything so stupid and have the same results :-(
Luka Posts: 1904
Hi Lovethesite, Well Weight gain is never just the bump! Our bodies increase in blood & fluid retention (swelling) & weight will go on all over. The baby is really only 7 to 8 lbs of it. But after baby is born everything wil go back to how it was before. I had bad nausea on DS & lost alot in the first 18 weeks, had regained by 30 weeks & by 39 weeks, I was 1 & a half stone up. I remember a few days before DS was born, I was in hospital & my hands had terrible pins & needles, the nurse said it was fluid in my wrists :eek never heard of it! But thats pregnancy! I felt like I was only a host for 9 months but it wasn't long before I was back to me. & you will be too ;o) Unless weight gain is excessive, I wouldn't worry about it, the most important thing is your little baby & the weight will move after!
Silini2 Posts: 3834
Your hips def spread when you are pregnant, and your ribs too. I wouldn't worry, you will go back to normal afterwards!!!
lovethesite Posts: 1054
Phew :-) Thanks girls xx
dilin o damhsa Posts: 776
You've only gained 16lb, that's tiny! I've gained about the same and my early pregnancy jeans (bought at 8 weeks) still just about close under my bump. I think it's about the shape of your bump too. But as the others said your hips widen and we retain more water.
Yes I was huge on dd1 due to water retention (usually a size 8!). I was like a beached whale. Had pre eclampsia so totally water retention. After I had her I was peeing like a horse for days!!!!! TMI!
Tess72 Posts: 1173
Yeah I was feeling great about myself till a few weeks ago when I tried on some dresses and realised how massive my arse had got. Big shock and was totally disgusted. My legs have gotten fat too but this is where I put on weight - I'm pear shaped - I was obviously just kidding myself with my stretchy over the bump jeans.
mummytime Posts: 3149
I am apple shaped and have skinny legs usually ( I am a runner also so that helps). I notice though in the last fews they they are rubbing off each other a bit when I walk .Not good.
Well get this when I was preg w dd2 my sister saw me undressing one day and said 'ew, the backs of your thighs look like cold porridge..'... Not sure I'll ever recover!!!!