Pondering...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Karen WOL Posts: 625
I was just reading a post about Soulmates on relationships...Do you believe in them/do you think you found your soulmate...Then one poster said "I'd like to think so but I think it's more of a case of good timing." I'm curious about what you think of this outlook...I think it was in SATC when they said women always have their taxi lights on and men are only ready to jump in every few miles (that sounds a little raunchy :o0 , I mean in the way of commitment...I wish I could find that quote! ! O:| ) What do you guys think...I'm probably not making sense as usual... :o0
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
I def think my h2b is my soul mate, yes he came along at the right time but he's just so tolerant of me and my mood swings I can't imagine any other man or person that would put up with me!!! We have so much in common and can understand eachother so well I believe he's my soulmate for sure :lvs :lvs :lvs
200210bride Posts: 422
def soul mates. we keep each other going through good and bad times. i can always rely on me to be there when i need him and he feels the same. he has neve once let me down and i trust him with all my life :xxx
BusyDee Posts: 8527
I def believe there is someone out there for everyone. My H2b picked me in a nightclub, didnt properly get together until 6 months later - I rang him up and luckily he was still single - I count my lucky stars everyday that someone else hadnt snapped him up coz he's one in a million :lvs :lvs I also believe we had help from above.
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
Deffo soul mates, the first apt he bought was no 19, I then bought that apt from him that's how we met, my grandparents who live down the road from the apt are married 60 years and what is the no of the house they have spent all their married life in, No 19 :o0 Then on our first date he was putting his pin no into the bank machine to take out money, what was the pin no, the exact same pin as mine which also happened to be my birth day and birth month - freaky or what!!! And then just recently I got down my Oasis bill board posters and put them up to get me in the mood for the concert on Saturday, have not looked at them in years, my sister got them for me when she used to work in rte for passing my junior cert, the date on them is my husbands birthday!! All good things come in 3's :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Oh I found it! http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 789737.ece just incase you thought I was going mad... :thnk
mrspants Posts: 4652
[quote="shera":xg2c3kwy]Deffo soul mates, the first apt he bought was no 19, I then bought that apt from him that's how we met, my grandparents who live down the road from the apt are married 60 years and what is the no of the house they have spent all their married life in, No 19 :o0 Then on our first date he was putting his pin no into the bank machine to take out money, what was the pin no, the exact same pin as mine which also happened to be my birth day and birth month - freaky or what!!! And then just recently I got down my Oasis bill board posters and put them up to get me in the mood for the concert on Saturday, have not looked at them in years, my sister got them for me when she used to work in rte for passing my junior cert, the date on them is my husbands birthday!! All good things come in 3's :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll[/quote:xg2c3kwy] Shera that is mad. Pin number thing is gas. Of all people though i have to say i thought you wouldn't believe in soul mates :-8 Don't mean that to offend, just saw you as a more "realistic" girl if that makes sense????? I do believe in it, and i do believe my partner is my soulmate.
That pin thing [i:2scf6juy]is [/i:2scf6juy]mad...I wouldn't let anyone see my pin on a first date teehee
whitedaisy Posts: 761
[quote="shera":1ktn5yev]Deffo soul mates, the first apt he bought was no 19, I then bought that apt from him that's how we met, my grandparents who live down the road from the apt are married 60 years and what is the no of the house they have spent all their married life in, No 19 :o0 Then on our first date he was putting his pin no into the bank machine to take out money, what was the pin no, the exact same pin as mine which also happened to be my birth day and birth month - freaky or what!!! And then just recently I got down my Oasis bill board posters and put them up to get me in the mood for the concert on Saturday, have not looked at them in years, my sister got them for me when she used to work in rte for passing my junior cert, the date on them is my husbands birthday!! All good things come in 3's :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll[/quote:1ktn5yev] wow shera...the DOB and pin this is very strange... :eek
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
[quote="fishermans_bride":2ssimc0d]he's just so tolerant of me and my mood swings I can't imagine any other man or person that would put up with me!!! [/quote:2ssimc0d] I'm the very same!! Although I chose the good timing option. Met H2B on a Rag Week night out in Maynooth - I wasn't even in the college at the time. Friends had to beg me to come out that night cos it was my fourth night in a row and all I wanted was my bed! Anyway, ended up walking onto the dancefloor at just the right moment - H2B was standing in a corner with no shoes on having given them to friend so he could get in (ah, good times!), I spotted his socks cos I was trying to see where I was going and marched right up to him (so not like me). It was all in the timing for us. Sometimes I get myself all tied up in knots worrying about what could have been if I hadn't gone out that night or hadn't wanted to dance at that moment or if his friend had been wearing proper shoes!! :-8