pregnancy massage

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

livl01 Posts: 255
i'm six months pregnant and thinking of booking a pregnancy massage this weekend. What is it like? I've had normal massages before where they mostly focus on your back. I'm just wondering how do you lie etc as i'm quite big now?
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
I was about 37 weeks when I had a massage, it was lovely. I just lay back and the girl worked from my head to my toes with lots of time on the bump which the baby responded to. While she didn't get at my back directly she spent alot of time on my neck, shoulders and kind worked her hands under me if that makes sense!
Lily K Posts: 643
Hi there, I had one of these when I was pregnant with DD, think I was about 6 or 7 months too... it was lovely... they still focus on your back but you lie on your side and they put a wedge or a rolled up towel under your bump and turn you over to your other side to make sure they get all areas done...and the girl kept asking me if I was comfortable so if I needed to shift I didn't mind interrupting her iykwim. I would recommend it anyway once it's with a reputable place. HTH