Pregnancy Reflexology

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jeidi Posts: 3128
Just wondering has anyone tried this and if so, how did it go? I am suffering from palpitations/shortness of breath and the midwife recommended a lady that does reflexology and pregnancy massage. So I rang yesterday and she asked which one benefit me more and she says to start with the inside first and to go with the reflexology. So I have an app for next Wednesday, Its €45 for 1 hour. I know its expensive, money that I could be saving for when I am on maternity leave but then when I am in the middle of one of these attacks I would pay double to get rid of them.
mrswifey Posts: 775
Hi Jeidi, I have gone back to reflex as of yesterday. I had been going to it to help TTC, and have now gone back as it is supposed t help with various pregnancy aches and pains. I have only had the one pregnancy session so far, but I LOVED it!! Took me a few mins to relax, but after about 5 or 10, I totally chilled out and by the end I was asleep! My Husband collected me after - which was a good thing as I was totally zonked! Got quite a good night's sleep last night which was great as the last few weeks I haven't felt restful at all. I would certainly recommend it - found it great for ttc and no reason to think it will be any less useful for pregnancy. I hope it works for you and you end up feeling better.
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Thanks Mrswifey, great to hear the good review - I will update this thread after my app next Wednesday :wv
gopro Posts: 1801
i go once a fortnight was goin web TTC and have continued I find it brill I've had no MS just pelvic griddle problems and have bn doin brill wit my asthma do I feel it is def helpin
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
I went last time towards the end just because I'd heard that it'd help me go on time and sure enough I went into labour on my due date. I think I'll go again this time. As for your palpitations and shortness of breath, is it because of the size of baby and discomfort or is it a mental thing? The reason I ask is because for about two weeks this time around I was suffering from anxiety and sleeplessness and I had a panic attack. It was honestly the worst thing I've gone through. I thought I was going insane but it was a combination of over tiredness, stress about certain things that had happened and just general day to day worries about having a second child. I went for one acupuncture session which helped a little but I then went to an AMAZING shen therapist who I swear has changed this pregnancy for me. I was a mess going in and after a few sessions she sorted me out and I"m back to my old self and looking forward to the baby. I'm enjoying the pregnancy again. I live in Dublin but I'm not from here and I went to see her when I was at home, so I'm disgusted I won't be able to go back to her before baba is born. I'm thinking of trying to find a shen therapist here actually because it really was great. Anyway, I just thought I'd give you my experience of it in case this is what you're experiencing. Good luck with the reflexology - I'm sure it will do you good
saz12 Posts: 217
Hi all, I would love to try the pregnancy reflexology any places in Dublin you can recommend ? Thanks Saz