Query about pain at @ 22 weeks.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hepburn Posts: 4081
Hi girls, This post could contain too much information for some..... I am a little worried about a pain and pressure I was feeling all day yesterday as I don't remember having it this early or to this extent on my first pregnancy. It is all along my nether regions front to back and inside too, like it is my cervix. It is also down my inner thighs. It is a muscular type pain and I found it very hard to walk normally yesterday or get out of the car etc.... It has eased a lot today but it may get worse as I go along as thats what happened yesterday. Any thoughts?
LJMom Posts: 1100
Hi Nantes, Cant be much help just saw lots of prople viewing but no replies so thought Id reply. Why dont you call your dr or the hospital you are attending? Im sure you could go in for a check on baby & reassure yourself. It may just be the way baby is lying or moving about maybe on some nerves which is meant to be pretty painful :o( Take it easy & put your feet up. Hope you feel better soon :action32
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
Thanks so much girls....the pillow gives great relief alright. Didn't know that about the pubic bone...sounds like that could be it, combined with some stretching. Will def go to doc if I get as bad as yesterday. Thanks again.....
clucky Posts: 26471
Nantes my sis in law is pg with her 3rd and she had this on her second and this pregnancy doctor told her nothing to worry about lots of rest and the pillow thing too - it hurts her really bad when driving for some reason
Thanks Clucky...feel a lot more relaxed now hearing these stories.
jen2 Posts: 3106
Dont have much to say, except, hope the pain doesnt get to bad. Glad the gils had good advice, worrying is the worst. Jen2
MrsHawaii05 Posts: 488
could be spd arriving early? i had it towards th end o ds but this time im getting it now at 20 week sin teh evenings when im wrecked im 27 and feel like an old woman at night time...i didnt realise hwo lucky i was firsat time to be able to sit/lie down when i felt like it :eek
Ducky Posts: 2506
Snap, I had the same thing at 22 weeks, like I was all 'bruised' down there and walking was hard. It's a touch of spd but don't stress, mine went away after a few weeks. It has come back now as back pain and I have to wear a support belt, but it's not too bad. I also noticed a HUGE growth spurt between 22-24 weeks so that probably aggravated it. I found using a 'wedge pillow' when lying on my side at night is invaluable and wouldn't be without it!