Questions for those who got BFP after IUI...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Girls, just looking for some advice please could you answer the following, I'm hoping I don't have to go down this route but this thread might help others also xx How many attempts did it take: How long had you being trying before that: Did you tell many people about IUI: What Clinic did you use / would you recommend: Thanks so much girls xxxxxx L
ScissorsGirl Posts: 785
Hi lovethesite As u can see by my ticker i am almost 30wks pregnant so i am an IUI success story. We were v lucky and i got pregnant on my 1st IUI. I was almost a year and half TTC when i got my BFP...i had my IUI in March on Paddys day and it was coming up to a year and half when i finally got my BFP...Before IUI i had a HSG xray to make sure there were no problems with my tubes and i was on Clomid for 3 mths. My 1st IUI was cancelled as i got a cyst on my Ov from the Clomid and then the next Cy i was allowed to go ahead. If u are "Unexplained Infertility" then i would defo reccommened doing an IUI...i would do it all again in a heartbeat if i had too...apart from the injections which my OH done for me its just like getting a smear really... U will have a pre period scan then follicle tracking scans done all internal...u will get v used to them v quickly and they really are nothing to worry about...once u have a nice juicy folly u will trigger nad IUI is normally done exactly 36 hrs after trigger shot...Mine was obviousy bang on time as i concieved!!! I went to the Hari in the Rotunda and i if u would like any info on prices i paid just PM me id be happy to fill u in. I told my close friends and family about my IUI so it is hard to keep ur BFP a secret if u want to as people want to know how ur doing all the time but i wasnt hiding our problems from friends i found it really good to talk about it to friends and you,d b surprised how many people have gone thru all this... There is a support thread over on TTC for IUI its v quiet at mo but ifu have time i would try reading it from the start it will give u a good insite as to how IUI has been for Diff people. Best of luck with ur decision and ask me anything u need too id be happy to help x
lovethesite Posts: 1054
oh thanks so much for your reply hun. My problem really is that I'm about an hour from closest hospital (Tralee) and 2 hours from Cork so all these scans will be very difficult with work etc. Am 7dpo now,please God I wont need one and will get my BFP in a few days although not hopeful at all!! :o(