Menu

quick question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sassy Posts: 2269
Girls Just wondering when do i start weaning dd. She is 3 months next week and just want to have an idea when to start??
susmurf Posts: 1060
Apparently they recommend waitin till 6 months, but not before 4 months
NotHere Posts: 10273
I started my LO at 4 months because the bottles didn't seem to be doing it for her. I got some literature in the hospital when I had her and it said: Breastfed babies who are [i:ksgsyida]exclusively [/i:ksgsyida]breastfed should be weaned at 6months Formula fed babies should be weaned between 4 and 6 months
Chococat Posts: 1632
The public health nurse told me that before 17 weeks has been linked to celiac disease. Scary stuff, I would say its safer to wait a bit longer. In my case DD was far too hungry to wait any longer than 18 weeks. It depends on the child I suppose, DS was a less hungry baby & didn't look for more food until 19 weeks. DD wanted more at 16 weeks, she moved up to 8 oz bottles instead. After what the public health nurse said I didn't want to risk it.
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:1cx03r5m]They seem to generally say not before 4 months but before 6 months, so I started at 5 months!![/color:1cx03r5m]