Raspberry leaf tea

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger2 Posts: 275
HI I am 35 weeks now and i want to know if there is anything i can take that will help bring on the labour.. I dont want to have the baby now but closer to 40 weeks and I heard taking Raspberry leaf tea or the capsules can help bring on labour? At what stage or weeks should i start taking this? should i take the capsule or the drink the tea??? IS there anything else i could take?? any advise i would appreciate it. Regards Ginger2 :wv
CestMoi Posts: 2162
I took it occasionally for the last week or two (can't remember) TBH I don't really think it does that much. When baby is ready it will come. I wouldn't recommend taking anything to try and bring on labour. I remember reading someone had taken some sort of oil or something, maybe castor oil, but I can't say for sure. Anyway she said she wouldn't recommend that anyone would do it, it nearly did more harm than good. Just try and keep active and use the birthing ball to sit on as much as you can. Our yoga teacher was always saying not to lying back on the couch, it wasn't encouraging baby to move down. She even said either sit on your ball or sit on a dining room chair backwards (i.e. with legs spread around the back of it)
Daff Posts: 11644
It won't bring on labour but will quicken second stage of labour. I took the tea from 33 weeks last time and then went on to the tablets as they're stronger and easier to take from 36 week. DD arrived on EDD, 5 hour labour that included 46 mins of pushing! I've taken the tablets since 33 weeks this time, three times a day. I'm now 35 weeks. Can't do any harm is how I look at it!