Really craving pate!!!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mamabrod Posts: 830
Can you DEFINITELY not have Pate when pregnant, am craving it to the point that I dont think I will be able to control myself in the supermarket tomorrow!!!!!! :o0
Sassypants Posts: 4461
It's one of the few things my GP actually specified to me so I would think no. And I have just bought 2 delicious pots of pate for Christmas day, they're so so scrummy that I can't stop thinking about dipping a cracker into one of them!! What am I going to have for starter now? :weep Try to control yourself tomorrow!!!
Jacqueline Hyde Posts: 1145
I was only saying this to husband yesterday. Christmas means Pate!!
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Yes I am the same really want the stuff I definitely can't have :o( poor me
yippeeme Posts: 2139
Oh poor you girls, i actually don't like pate anyway but it's just as well as my mam informed me she's doing two starters this year and people can choose or have a bit of both.The pate will be homemade and sounds like it's very complicated altogether! :eek The other choice is goats cheese and beetroot tartlet, i adore goast cheese so i'll be crying looking at people eating that! So i suppose melon for me then.....yay! :o(
Momster Posts: 442
its a definate no no apparently (i dont like the stuff anyway thought i am literally sitting here waiting on this baby to arrive so i can eat the massive hunk of blue cheese!) dont know if its any help but M&S do a brie and cranberry pate which might be ok? Yippeeme - you can get a pastrurised goats cheese in lidl. its lovely. would your mom use that in yours?
[quote="mrsmorgie2b":10gnqerd]its a definate no no apparently (i dont like the stuff anyway thought i am literally sitting here waiting on this baby to arrive so i can eat the massive hunk of blue cheese!) dont know if its any help but M&S do a brie and cranberry pate which might be ok? Yippeeme - you can get a pastrurised goats cheese in lidl. its lovely. would your mom use that in yours?[/quote:10gnqerd] Really? I didn't know that. I have one in my fridge that i was eating the week i found out i was pg, think it's from Aldi, and i searched the label high up and low down for a hint of pasturisation but so sign! I'll defo try Lidl so thanks! Can we have brie though? Thought that was out too?
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
pate def out as its full of vitamin a which is not recommended in pregnancy. and also the risk of listeria. i was about to post brie is ok if pastuerised but its seems not: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/n ... eseexpert/ but cooked brie seems to be ok as the cooking kills off the risk of listeria.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Yippmee I've been eating goats cheese all through my pregnancy. The norm is that it is made from pasteurised goats milk- I've yet to come across one that isn't. Eat it and enjoy!! Broody- can you get a non meat pate? Like a mushroom one or something?
Oh right, so i've been depriving myself for no reason so! :duh: Thanks for the info! :thnk :wv