Recommendations for Maternity Spa Packages

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pinklady001 Posts: 268
Hi Ladies, will post this in pregnancy and babies too, but hoping to get some advice here too if possible. I am looking to book a spa package for a friends 30th birthday for 3 of us, and two of us are pregnant. Have you ladies any recommendations for any nice spas that offer maternity massages and the like, in the wexford, wicklow, dublin area? The birthday girl will be 36 weeks at that stage so not looking to travel too far, but within some radius of Wicklow so could include a few other areas too :) There is a place in swords that looks great, but it is a salon rather than a spa, and not sure we would have the same experience of relaxing afterwards, if you know what I mean? So any advice or recommendations greatly appreciated :) For the other two 30th’s we have done nights away with a treatment so this one is slightly different, but want her to have a great experience too! :thnk
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
The best pregnancy treatments I got were in Brooklodge. I also had a lovely massage while pregnant in Seafield in Gorey.
GirlFriday Posts: 1815
If we're talking about the same place in Swords then I wouldn't say there's a great opportunity to sit around afterwards but they leave you in the treatment room between treatments for some relaxy time. I got the spa package there as a gift and it was fab, pedicure facial and hot stone massage. :lvs
Thanks Anne Cordelia Shirley, I've mailed both of places, they are nice and close too! Yeah, sounds like it might be the same place GirlFriday, they do offer a hot stone which most other places don't. I love the sounds of it myself but I think she might prefer the spa experience a bit more where we can lounge around together after. I might just ask her and see what she thinks!
Bluebear Posts: 1594
Pink lady would you mind sharing the name of the place in Swords- would love a decent pregnancy massage! Sorry no help regards your original question though.m
mrspiggy Posts: 1289
I second brooklodge also.
thanks mrspiggy. Bluebear, it is In Touch Beauty and Treatment Centre in Swords, it's near the Wright Venue I think.
Bluebear Posts: 1594
Thanks pink lady will check them out!
Plus1makes4 Posts: 721
In Touch is nice, I got a great value pregnancy massage there at the start. But check if they have a relaxation room as after your treatments its hard to get up and walk out, I felt a bit woosy after and would have loved a place to chill with a juice/herbal tea.
Yeah, that is the only thing putting me off there Plus1makes4, we would want somewhere we we can chill out afterwards for a while instead of having to head straight out of the place.