Redcastle Hotel - Aug 2007

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

msjoc Posts: 1
Hi Am I too easy going? Getting married next Aug and see people have a lot done already, but I dont think I have. Have Redcastle booked for hotel, priest and band, photographer but thats it! Anyone else been married in Redcastle recently? Or even anyone gettin married there in 2007? Or anyone getting married on 9th Aug?
mc2008 Posts: 68
Hi. I just got engaged and am hoping to get married next summer in Redcastle. Did you go to see it? What was it like?
smiley08 Posts: 825
Hate to disappoint you there jennymcfeeley but when i went looking at the redcastle in October 06, the whole of the summer for 08 for fridays and saturdays was booked out! Anyway i found it very expensive, beautiful setting but still not worth the money that they were not only charging for the reception but also for the accommodation - but hey, its busy so that cant be a bad sign! Have you looked at anywhere else?
Yeah. They are busy but have provisionally booked a date with them. Am going to see it tomorrow, just wondering if there's anything I should keep an eye out on.
How do you mean is there anything you should keep your eye out for?
I just meant problems others had or questions worth asking. Anyhow, booked it for this time next year! The whole packege suited it, loads of facilities for people staying the weekend. So that's that
I'm sure it will be fine - the setting is beautiful! Good luck with all the planning and keep in touch. I'm august 08 too.
DWD Posts: 13
[quote="smiley08":2o6zg3vv]Hate to disappoint you there jennymcfeeley but when i went looking at the redcastle in October 06, the whole of the summer for 08 for fridays and saturdays was booked out! Anyway i found it very expensive, beautiful setting but still not worth the money that they were not only charging for the reception but also for the accommodation - but hey, its busy so that cant be a bad sign! Have you looked at anywhere else?[/quote:2o6zg3vv] Loads of good B&B's near Redcastle although it can be hard to get a taxi on a Friday night as there is a disco on in the nightclub next door. Because its close to Derry it is always easy to get a Derry taxi to take you back there if guests prefer to stay there. Its got one of the nicest settings in Ireland so your guests will love it.