Reducing nausea - any tips you can share?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wwwife Posts: 948
This worked for me a few people told me to try it hot choc drink sounds like that would make you sick but it worked and dry biscuits
Wiggly toes Posts: 64
Hi Kitz First off i just wanna say you have my deepest sympathy about your nausea/ sickness as its horrible. Every morning i get up with out fail and get sick and have nausea most evenings. I bought the two wrist band thingys and the ironic thing is when i was puking one morning my husband laughed because i was using them to tie back my hair while i got sick. That was what they were most useful for , as for gettin rid of sickness they are a waste of money. During the day i found sucking on polo mints or any mints helped it meant no horrible taste in mouth and that build up of saliva goes away (that makes you feel like you are going to barf everrywhere) If you miss your hot cups of tea and coffee, a plain hot cuppa water is good substitute. One really important thing is eat little and often, even if you are feeling well at the time of eating as eating in bulk will come back and bite you in the a55 and you will be feeling ill in no time. There is defo no cure for morning sickness, i have tried everything internet/ friends/ family members advised me and to be honest its just gonna take time, cr4ppy i know but it will go. Plenty of sympathy and sleep. xxxxxxxxxxx take care xxxxxxxxxxx big hug
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
[quote="Wiggly toes":36grpsdz]Hi Kitz First off i just wanna say you have my deepest sympathy about your nausea/ sickness as its horrible. Every morning i get up with out fail and get sick and have nausea most evenings. I bought the two wrist band thingys and the ironic thing is when i was puking one morning my husband laughed because i was using them to tie back my hair while i got sick. That was what they were most useful for , as for gettin rid of sickness they are a waste of money. During the day i found sucking on polo mints or any mints helped it meant no horrible taste in mouth and that build up of saliva goes away (that makes you feel like you are going to barf everrywhere) If you miss your hot cups of tea and coffee, a plain hot cuppa water is good substitute. One really important thing is eat little and often, even if you are feeling well at the time of eating as eating in bulk will come back and bite you in the a55 and you will be feeling ill in no time. [b:36grpsdz][size=150:36grpsdz]There is defo no cure for morning sickness[/size:36grpsdz][/b:36grpsdz], i have tried everything internet/ friends/ family members advised me and to be honest its just gonna take time, cr4ppy i know but it will go. Plenty of sympathy and sleep. xxxxxxxxxxx take care xxxxxxxxxxx big hug[/quote:36grpsdz] I suffered from severe m/s when I was pg. Doctor recommended acupuncture so I gave it a go and found it fantasic. Had 3 sessions (one a week) and it completely cured it for me. It worked from the next day after my first go. It's pricey but the relief made it so worth it. Good luck :wv
mrs mammy Posts: 1487
I found the only way to stave off the nausea was to keep eating. Just small bits, I always felt sick if I let myself get hungry. Also ate ginger nut biccies.
newbaby2010 Posts: 247
I found the morning sickness homeopathy remedies useful, which I got from http://www.nelsonshomeopathy.com/Dublin ... _pg86.aspx
momof3 Posts: 510
First 14 wks hot water wit Ginger then after that eating as often as possible. I found if I ate asap after getting up I was ok but morning I left it too late even an hr I was soo sick and then breakfast didnt stay down. Good luck
proud mamaof1 Posts: 825
hi girls, Thought I would give my pennies worth. I have only started to feel nauseous since before the weekend. I had the motion sickness wristbands since our honeymoon and I have found they worked for me. I put them on yesterday and whenever I felt a little ill, I pressed on them a few times and it kept me feeling okay. I also bought a book relating to pregnancy and it mentioned, like yourselves, the ginger in boiling water to sip and either ginger nut cookies and ginger ale. I am just eight weeks gone and so tired also but if I can give advice, I thought it would be worth it. Looking forward to these horrible feelings passing
Niteowl Posts: 218
I also found eating little and often helped. Was worst when travelling by car (passenger). Found if i left myself get too tired/late to bed i would be worse the next day. Luckily enough it passed for me around 10 weeks. HTH :wv
funkyfish Posts: 7626
i nibbled special k
starbell Posts: 267
Hi, I feel shocking had to take another day off work i couldn't even rinse the shampoo out of my hair this am. i'm not vomiting yet, i just have nausea and as a result i can't eat. i have forced down 2 ginger nuts this am. i'm 8 weeks at the mo. looking for any weird and wonderful tips? my main aim is to drink plenty of water so i don't get dehydrated but its not easy!!