Redundancy Question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

zeus Posts: 553
Im hoping for some help here. My H2b was made redundant approx 10 wks ago. He signed his RP50 form given to him by employer under the section that read he had not received any monies from employer. Employer stated he would send in these forms to relevant people but he rang NERA yesterday only to be informed that no claim has been lodged for him. I understand that he can complete this form himself & send it it but Im just wondering if his employers were obliged to send this in for all of their employees? They have not ceased trading, I have checked this out. Any ideas greatly appreciated as I feel he has been hard done by.
sharmon Posts: 437
If the company has not ceased trading I though they were obliged to pay his redundancy!? SOrry am new to all this stuff.
Sharmom i am as clueless believe me, just trying to get some answers here! I know for a fact that they have not folded or gone into liquidation & it was my view that they would have to pay the redundancy as well. h2b worse at this stuff than myself. I might ring the citizens information myself on Monday see if they can shed some light on it!
sharmon Posts: 437
I think the government only pay (2 weeks for every yr worked, it's the legal minimum) if the company have ceased trading, otherwise the company pay, usually the company gives the minimum (2 weeks for every yr worked), unless they are a big multinational with a name to uphold. My SIL was let go & they got their payment in 2 installements from company as it is still trading with 25% less staff. CItizens information is a good idea, don't leave it too long as these things take a while to sort out anyway & I'm sure like everyone else now you could do with the cash. Good luck & sorry to hear your H2B lost his job
workingmom Posts: 3429
Don't see why the company wouldn't send the forms in, cause they can claim back money from the government when they pay redundancy... maybe it's just an oversight.
Well the company cant get 100% of the amount paid to employees as part of the redundancy only if they show that they cannot pay (which I believe they can). They have been asked on numerous occasions by h2b what is going on so its not as if they dont know the forms havent been filed! Very frustrating!!!! O:| O:| O:|
.... Posts: 667
s wife Posts: 1445
i was made redundant a few weeks ago ,the company were trying to be sneaky and get me to sign the rp50 form before i received monies ,basically there are three sections on this form,the first part is filled out with the intent for redundancies ,the 2nd part is the amount owed and you sign on the day your leaving the section that applies to you ie ,if they have paid you your cheque ( they then claim back 60 % of the value ) you sign that section if they have no money to pay then you sign the section to claim yourself off the revenue hope that helps
.... Posts: 667
[.......