Redundant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
My friend has just been just made redundant from her job. She has been given 4 weeks notice. Does she have to work the 4 weeks notice to get the state redundancy pay or if she leaves now will she still be entitled to it?
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
More than likely she'll be required to work her notice unless the company has a different policy
klassylassy Posts: 94
I think she will be required to work the 4 weeks to be fully entitled and rightly so really. She will get paid for her 4 weeks work and also she will not have to sign on for that 4 additional weeks.
cheile Posts: 1202
I'm almost certain though that once you've been given notice, they are obliged to give you time off when seacrhing for jobs, attending interview etc
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
[quote="cheile":3azmyi1n]I'm almost certain though that once you've been given notice, they are obliged to give you time off when seacrhing for jobs, attending interview etc[/quote:3azmyi1n] No they are not obliged to allow you do this
[quote="tiredbride":x21r5cxy][quote="cheile":x21r5cxy]I'm almost certain though that once you've been given notice, they are obliged to give you time off when seacrhing for jobs, attending interview etc[/quote:x21r5cxy] No they are not obliged to allow you do this[/quote:x21r5cxy] OH WELL LOOK AT THIS THEN..........FOUND ON http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... procedures Time Off If you are being made redundant, you are entitled to reasonable paid time off in order to look for a new job. This right is set down in law in Ireland in Section 7 of the Redundancy Payments Act, 1979. (You should note that while the Redundancy Acts have been amended a number of times the provisions as set down in 1979 for time off, still remain in force today.) YAWN!!
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
Thanks girls, I will let her know. She is just really upset and doesnt want to have to be in there looking at her boss for another 4 weeks
Well she could take half days for the next few weeks ....for inverviews!!! >:o)