relief for period pain in late pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bree Posts: 1880
hi girls.. looking for tips on how to relief period pain & back ache.... have had niggles of it with past wks but last night & this morning i cant move without getting horrible period aches ! hot water bottle?hot bath? anything else???? am slightly stressed lately so that wouldnt help but presume we can expect this til the end? have clinic in the afternoon so they might give suggestions too... got this heavy achy feeling about a week or 2 before dd was born.. cant remember getting it sooner, but every pregnancy is different i suppose !
MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
Sorry hon, but I didn't want to read and not reply - i've no suggestions for you myself, only hope that you get relief soon x
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Have no clue Bree.. I am not very experienced with these things but if it was me I would be thinking that pain like that in your back and period like pains that are more consistant would be a sign that something might be starting?! Goes to show how panic-y I'll be :o0 :o0
madmam Posts: 1294
When I went early I had period pains all night the night before I went into labour...might be worth mentioning at the clinic?
Dootsay Posts: 958
Hi Bree, I'm getting these cramps aswell, I haven't taken anything for them as yet but if they get really bad I'm going to pop a few paracetemol. Definitely tell them in the clinic, from what my friends tell me, this happens in the last month - does moving around help? I find when I walk or stretch about a bit it helps *) or bouncing on a gym ball for a bit, hope this helps hun.
bree Posts: 1880
thanks girls. mentioned it at clinic but Dr didnt seem very concerned ( then her english was very broken so God knows if she understood me lol ) .. baby has gone abit mad with the moving about ,giving me hard headbutts in the lady bits :eek another question.. does anyone know when the head engages with #2+?? i know it later but when i wonder? might put up another thread on that ! will be queen of threads :o0
Dootsay Posts: 958
Hi Bree I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that with any babiess after your first the head may not engage til (as late as when) labour starts, so it's definitely not as early as you would have on your 1st - could be wrong though, anyone else read this? *)
mammybean Posts: 10364
When i got these pains (35 weeks) i had the baby that da so i would be careful. Keep an eye on them bree. How did it go at the clinic?