Rip off republic

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
Why do vendors still think they can rip us off in the current economic climate??? Was looking for a double sided tape gun and adhesive and the one I wanted would cost me here in Ireland €35, but the same (exact same one) is £13.49 in the UK. Excuse me but i'm not made of money and I do like to shop around. You would think that at this stage someone would have setup a business to show that you can still make a profit and charge reasonable prices. So sick of being shafted because of the word "wedding".
mrsdthe1st Posts: 472
i know how you feel everyway you turn this place seems to be costing money and more expensive it is getting i bet you if you asked the likes of our goverment the cost of a pint of milk they would not be able to tell you as they dont have to worry about cost of things like us. O:| O:| O:| O:|
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Ireland is a total rip off. My DH's sister's husband compared the prices in an Irish Argos cataloge to an English one and even at the worest exchange rate nearly every English items was cheaper. O:| O:| DH's mum lives near the border and she shops up there all the time as her grocery bill ends up being far less. It's ridiculous >:o( >:o(
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
Agree it is a rip off O:| O:| .
ozypozy Posts: 2950
[quote="ghostchild2":3mdu23do]Ireland is a total rip off. My DH's sister's husband compared the prices in an Irish Argos cataloge to an English one and even at the worest exchange rate nearly every English items was cheaper. O:| O:| DH's mum lives near the border and she shops up there all the time as her grocery bill ends up being far less. It's ridiculous >:o( >:o([/quote:3mdu23do] I compared stuff I had added up to cost €200 in Argos down here and it was €40 cheaper to buy the stuff in Newry. I thought when the new catalogue came out that items would be cheaper because of the exchange rate but nope, most of the stuff I wanted was gone up!
chocbiscuitcake Posts: 658
[quote="tiredbride":2eui5ndl]Why do vendors still think they can rip us off in the current economic climate??? Was looking for a double sided tape gun and adhesive and the one I wanted would cost me here in Ireland €35, but the same (exact same one) is £13.49 in the UK. Excuse me but i'm not made of money and I do like to shop around. You would think that at this stage someone would have setup a business to show that you can still make a profit and charge reasonable prices. [b:2eui5ndl]So sick of being shafted because of the word "wedding"[/b:2eui5ndl].[/quote:2eui5ndl] While I would generally agree with you, I'm intrigued in this context; is there really such a thing as wedding sticky tape?