September mums - how are ye all keeping? - Page 12

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
I'm so sorry to hear you're stuck in the hospital Rocky! That's a long time to wait. I suppose on the upside you're not working and will have plenty of time to rest and relax before the baby comes. Bet you will become totally addicted to WOL now! Keep us posted.
soontohave3 Posts: 160
Hi girls, Rocky sorry to hear your stuck in hospital but if it keeps you and the liittle one safe it'll be well worth it. hope your not too bored in there. Well i had an appointment with my consultant today and discuseed the pelvic and leg pain with him and he has given me a cert for the next two days and told me to rest. I'm offically meant to start mat leave on Fri so its just happening a little earlier for me now. it's such a weird feeling knowing i'm not back to work till at least next may!!!!!!! Glad to hear you are all doing ok. Tigletts saw in another post there your fears about the labour thats just starting to hit home with me now too. All along i had put it to the back of my mind but at this stage there is no getting away from it..... Are many of you experiencing braxton hicks and does everyone get them? I'm not really too sure if having them or not. Sometimes think i feel my stomach tightening but noe sure if its that or babs just moving funnily inside.
Mrs Maternal Posts: 268
Well all - I am on Maternity leave and have to say it is great to be at home - I don't sleep well at night and it is nice now to be able to lie down for an hour during the day if i need it - am not feeling too bad - my pelvis is sore at times but just think it is my bones and muscles working obvertime - have had no braxton hicks that i know off so think I will end up going over on my date - bag is packed and am getting periods of major anxiety about labour......sometimes it just freaks me out as i keep thinking i am going to be in labour forever (thanks to all the 'wonderful' horror stories i eard when i first told people i was pregnant). Wanted to start the raspberry leaf tea but havent got buying it yet!!hoping to get it tomorrow and drink it for next couple of weeks...... I cant believe that this time next month i will have my little bundle on my knee :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
oh I am so jealous of all your girls on Maternity Leave! And Tigletts will be joining you too on Friday! Think I'll be working for another 3 weeks but taking it easy (self-employed). I've been making a list of things people have told me are supposed to help if you go over your due date: Walking as much as possible Bouncing gently on a gym ball Hot curries Hot lovin :o0 Fresh pineapple A small glass of gin and tonic!!! (don't think I'll be trying that one but you never know! only heard that from one girl)
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
I want to be on maternity leave too!!!!!!! I have to wait til 31 August, but going to consultant on Friday, and going to see if I can get a cert for next 2 weeks. Finding it so difficult to move now, and with only a few hours sleep each night it would be nice to be able to catch up during the day!
Yeah mrs maternal i was thinking of getting some of the raspberry leaf tea too but was afraid it was too early to drink it i know its only herbal stuff but is 37 weeks too soon or is there no problem drinking it at this stage. Sphynx, i've been bouncing on that gym ball the last few days since you recommended it for the pelvic pain, and what ever about moving things along it definitiely makes you more comfortable anyway. Desert moon you should ask your doctor to put you off sick if your finding things that hard. i don't think anyone would think bad of you at this stage. You and baby will benifit from a good rest before the really hard work kicks in. look after your self pet xx
Ms. positive I came across a thread about the raspberry leaf tea on rollercoaster: some v. mixed views on this! My yoga teacher, who is also a doula, said not to take it until you are pretty at your due date or over it as it might bring on some early contractions. Not sure what to think about it now.... Has anyone else tried and tested it?
Thanks for that sphynx, not many of them seem to have got anywhere by taking it really did they? They say a normal pregnancy can be anywhere from 38 to 42 weeks long so i suppose there is no harm in trying it from week 38. From that thread i don't think there will be drastic results anyhow.Would be interesting to see if anyone on here has any feedback on taking it?
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Morning all...... :wv A day and a half to go and then I'm outa here wooohoooo :o)ll Though to be honest I'm doing feck all these days in the office anyhow only WOLing and emailing friends etc! Girls... I think the way to go is AVOID being induced if at all possible. Poor Ted was 14 days overdue and was induced and she said it was long and painful. I read that none of the old wives remedies work... that baby will come only when it's ready. But I say it's worth trying. I definetely intend on walking every day rain or sun when I'm off. However a friend also said to me that you need to rest as well, as you need all your energy for the labour, so I guess exercise to get into shape and plenty of sleep. And sure baby will just slide out.... :o0 :o0 :o0
DublinGal Posts: 151
Hi Girls! My last day in work is tomorrow too!!!! I can't believe it! Tiglets are you going in for the full day? I was plannng on coming in late and leaving early but my manager from Head Office is coming down to go through some stuff with me!!!! He didn't tell me the time so I'm going to have to come in for 9 and hopefully he won't hang around too long after than!!!! What a fecker. I have everything pretty much wrapped up anyway on the work front to taking it easy anyway. Going for a meal with the lads in the office tomorrow evening, it'll be an early one for me! Sorry to hear you are stuck in Hospital Rocky, but its the best place for you at the moment. Had appointment with Consultant yesterday, he is on hols so there was a stand in, and he gave me a scan!!! I was delighted, it was so clear. can't wait to meet baby now. Getting all my waxing done this weekend so if baby could come out anytime after that I'll be delighted!