Sky + Boxes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dreamster Posts: 6620
Hi Anyone having trouble with these? Ours is really playing up and have to get an engineer out €100 :eek :eek :eek :eek Is there anyway around this? It is not working at all so we need to get it fixed. Surely if it isn't working it is Sky's problem and not ours?
clucky Posts: 26471
How long have you had it? The standard call out fee is 100 which you get back if its a problem with the box and its still under warranty
[quote="Clucky":1pnd1bqv]How long have you had it? The standard call out fee is 100 which you get back if its a problem with the box and its still under warranty[/quote:1pnd1bqv] Box isn't under warranty :o(
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote="Dreamster":3k1sjdxx][quote="Clucky":3k1sjdxx]How long have you had it? The standard call out fee is 100 which you get back if its a problem with the box and its still under warranty[/quote:3k1sjdxx] Box isn't under warranty :o([/quote:3k1sjdxx] GICK
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote="Dreamster":9ecwih9y]Hi Anyone having trouble with these? Ours is really playing up and have to get an engineer out €100 :eek :eek :eek :eek Is there anyway around this? It is not working at all so we need to get it fixed. Surely if it isn't working it is Sky's problem and not ours?[/quote:9ecwih9y] Exact same thing happened me a couple of months ago. Phoned up & told them the problem - they told me there is a standard fee of €100-odd - I told them to put me through to cancellations. Spoke to cancellations and explained that they were under the impression that I was going to pay for Sky to service their equipment and that the earliest they would be out was 4 weeks. Told them I had just spoken to NTL and they would be out in two days for a free install, would give me three months at a cheaper rate. Told them I was cancelling my direct debit immediatly if I didn't get an engineer out for free before NTL. They completely backtracked, I spoke to a supervisor and told them my offer, they had someone there a day and a half later, gave me two months free SKY and didn't charge for the repair.
[quote="Heflen":369x4q5z][quote="Dreamster":369x4q5z]Hi Anyone having trouble with these? Ours is really playing up and have to get an engineer out €100 :eek :eek :eek :eek Is there anyway around this? It is not working at all so we need to get it fixed. Surely if it isn't working it is Sky's problem and not ours?[/quote:369x4q5z] Exact same thing happened me a couple of months ago. Phoned up & told them the problem - they told me there is a standard fee of €100-odd - I told them to put me through to cancellations. Spoke to cancellations and explained that they were under the impression that I was going to pay for Sky to service their equipment and that the earliest they would be out was 4 weeks. Told them I had just spoken to NTL and they would be out in two days for a free install, would give me three months at a cheaper rate. Told them I was cancelling my direct debit immediatly if I didn't get an engineer out for free before NTL. They completely backtracked, I spoke to a supervisor and told them my offer, they had someone there a day and a half later, gave me two months free SKY and didn't charge for the repair.[/quote:369x4q5z] Thanks - going to try that one!
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote="Dreamster":3hjh73z2][quote="Heflen":3hjh73z2][quote="Dreamster":3hjh73z2]Hi Anyone having trouble with these? Ours is really playing up and have to get an engineer out €100 :eek :eek :eek :eek Is there anyway around this? It is not working at all so we need to get it fixed. Surely if it isn't working it is Sky's problem and not ours?[/quote:3hjh73z2] Exact same thing happened me a couple of months ago. Phoned up & told them the problem - they told me there is a standard fee of €100-odd - I told them to put me through to cancellations. Spoke to cancellations and explained that they were under the impression that I was going to pay for Sky to service their equipment and that the earliest they would be out was 4 weeks. Told them I had just spoken to NTL and they would be out in two days for a free install, would give me three months at a cheaper rate. Told them I was cancelling my direct debit immediatly if I didn't get an engineer out for free before NTL. They completely backtracked, I spoke to a supervisor and told them my offer, they had someone there a day and a half later, gave me two months free SKY and didn't charge for the repair.[/quote:3hjh73z2] Thanks - going to try that one![/quote:3hjh73z2] Do, thats true as God. Tell them you have no intention of paying for them to service a fault in their own equipment and you are not happy with the inconvenience the problems with the box has caused. If you stick to your guns, you'll get what I got.