Some people.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smileykaz Posts: 7296
..shouldn't be allowed to have kids. Did anyone see Baby Beauty Queens last night on BBC Three? All about pageants and beauty contests for kids? It was outrageous, the things these mothers were doing to their kids - spray tans (age 9) make-up (age 9) and worst of all, plastic surgery, age SEVEN! Honestly, one mother said she got plastic surgery for her little girl at aged SEVEN because her ears stuck out! She claims the child asked for the surgery, but I don't know about that...This was the same mother, by the way, who said when her little girl was born that she was concerned "that she would never be cute" that she was "worried for a long time about that" and that "nobody wants an ugly child" and she was so relieved after a few years to realise her child was growing up to be pretty. I was left speechless, the poor child had obviously heard from a very young age that she was not pretty, not beautiful, not good enough and had sticky out ears, so felt compelled to ask for surgery! The show was a real eye-opener for me, honestly, I would never normally judge any parent because I'm not a parent, I don't know how hard it is or what people's circumstances are so usually no matter what happens when I'm in the presence of a child and their parent, I let it go and let the parent sort it out. But this really took the biscuit, I judge those mothers and find them sorely lacking. How dare they tell their children that they're not cute? How dare they slather them in fake tan and make up? How dare they force them to practice singing and dancing for hours a day until they fall down in exhaustion crying with frustration? How dare they!?! Honestly, I wouldn't usually get so worked up about a television show, particularly because I know how these things can be edited, but there was no editing done on the interview with that mother who outright admitted getting plastic surgery for her child because she wasn't pretty enough and admitted that the first thing that came into her head when her child was born was that she WASN'T PRETTY ENOUGH! No editing was done on that, she said it and seemed proud of it and was laughing and smiling and shrugging and 'whaddayagonna do-ing' about it! The silly, cruel, vicious c*nt! She should be down on her knees thanking God that she was lucky enough to get pregnant and carry a baby to term in the first place when there are so many disappointed couples out there who can't conceive naturally and have to struggle. She should be down on her knees thanking God that her beautiful baby was born healthy and in perfect condition when so many children are not lucky enough to be born like this and have to struggle to overcome barriers from the second they draw breath. She should be down on her kneees thanking God that her baby continues to thrive and go to school and play with her friends when so many children world wide are struck down by poverty, hunger and disease. She should be down on her knees thanking God that her child will grow up in a first world country and will have education and a career and success in her life when so many children world wide will not. She should be down on her knees thanking God that the only thing she has to f*cking worry about is how f*cking pretty her child is! Jesus Christ, what that woman did to her child, the emotional scars she has caused her is tantamount to child abuse! Just because she's not physically harming her doesn't mean it's not abuse, she's emotionally scarring her, you can see it in the child. Already the child is saying things like 'my friends are pretty, but I'm the prettiest' and she didn't lick that off the stones! The child already equates success with looks and looks down on those kids who aren't as pretty as she is! And she looked f*cking miserable throughout the whole thing, she barely smiled at all, just seemed bewildered by what the mother is doing. Anyway, rant over, just wanted to get that off my chest. Anyone else have any thoughts? :wv
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Totally agree with you. Those pageants are awful, and the vast majority of them sexualise those young girls. They're sick
newkid30 Posts: 2233
You should go to an Irish dancing feis here, it's no better. The state of the kids, spray tan, make-up, wigs, they look horrific. The most awful garish costumes you've ever seen. Getting ears pinned on kids is not unusual 2 girls in my class in primary school got it done, and that was in the 80s!! I don't agree with beauty pageants, just that you don't have to look very far to see Irish parents at the same carry on!
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
I saw that programme alright and was flabbergasted at the woman alright. The poor child already has a complex and she's only a 9!
*Lexi* Posts: 2600
brillant post kaz as always -wish i could express myself as well as u do :-8 those beauty contests are shocking pure car crash tv on the irish dancers can someone tell me why they are all wearing those DISGUSTING wigs-do they not curl their own hairs anymore
katgirl Posts: 1258
yeah id like to know when them wigs came into irish dancing, when i used to do it many many years ago i was forced to endure the whole ritual of my hair being reefed off me into rollers and then had to sleep on a whole head of bloodly rollers with a net over them!!!! but about the whole subject of stage moms etc, it is just sicking the moms are soooo much more into it than the kids and they are just living vicariously through them, they wont let them be kids at all its an endless round of singing, dance, acting lessons for their little darlings to become the next brittney ( and we all know what happend her :o0 )
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
[quote="newkid30":bq3gg2os]You should go to an Irish dancing feis here, it's no better. The state of the kids, spray tan, make-up, wigs, they look horrific. The most awful garish costumes you've ever seen. [/quote:bq3gg2os] Don't forget the socks glued to their legs...... :eek
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
dp
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
I wasted an hour of my timme watching the show not intentionally. I have to say it was cringe worthy to say the least. I believe the childrens mums are trying to live through them. The 7 year olds mum wasnt the worse but the other 2 mums should be in a word ashamed of themselves. Why any parent would want to exploit their child in this way is appalling. The makeup :eek the clothes :eek the provocative body moves and routines :eek :eek DISGUSTING. I do agree with the Irish dancing malarkey as well it is too ott, there is nothing traditional about it. Nowadays Irish dancing screams fake fake fake O:| .