Teachers!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Deleted...
Synergy Posts: 2768
deleted
Deleted...
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Children with aspergers generally have fascinations with certain things (space, racecars, places etc) so if he can find what child is interested in and see can he somehow use this to give him for while so child can focus on that and relax. I did summer course and also course last yr on aspergers and they all recommend giving child time out as school can be v stressful for them and even speaking to people can take huge effort. I have folder in school with loads of ideas. Will look tomorrow. Brain fried today, parent teacher meetings yesterday and today till 5.15 so can't think what's in folder!!
[quote="SorrentoWife":heh6xhop]Children with aspergers generally have fascinations with certain things (space, racecars, places etc) so if he can find what child is interested in and see can he somehow use this to give him for while so child can focus on that and relax. I did summer course and also course last yr on aspergers and they all recommend giving child time out as school can be v stressful for them and even speaking to people can take huge effort. I have folder in school with loads of ideas. Will look tomorrow. Brain fried today, parent teacher meetings yesterday and today till 5.15 so can't think what's in folder!![/quote:heh6xhop] Thanks so much! You are a star! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll H2B's brain is fried too as he had P/T meetings Tues until 5.45 and Wed until 4.30! :ooh