The Dukan Diet

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
Anyone tried it? Just bought the book, honestly havn't even read it yet or even flicked I read the general gist of it online and said sod it and ordered. Its just arrived today. So anyone tried it or know anything about it?
Sprocket Posts: 1671
[quote="YoMammaSo":28rsbc8i]Anyone tried it? Just bought the book, honestly havn't even read it yet or even flicked I read the general gist of it online and said sod it and ordered. Its just arrived today. So anyone tried it or know anything about it?[/quote:28rsbc8i] Tried it. Lost 5lbs and then no more would come off. Destroyed my skin All weight went straight back on again after I stopped.
How did it destroy your skin ? Did it bring you out in spots or was that the detox side of it ? I would love to loose 5 lbs and quick, even just to look nice for christmas, and go back to ww again properly then ?!
wowser Posts: 538
I have never tried it, but few of the girls in work have done it during the year with incredible results I must say. One of them is back on 'normal' food , but does 1-2 days/ week of only proteine.
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
Hey YoMoma, There is a thread over on health and fitness here is the link for it hth :wv viewtopic.php?f=3&t=287956
curlysu Posts: 811
A girl in work did it, the first few weeks are tough, as you can only eat proteins...she ended up having to give it up though, as her cholesterol went up, and she was having digestion problems though for 6 weeks she was doing it she did lose over a stone
Sprocket Posts: 1671
[quote="YoMammaSo":1jmdci2t]How did it destroy your skin ? Did it bring you out in spots or was that the detox side of it ? [/quote:1jmdci2t] Lumps that weren't quite full spots came up under my skin on my face and one cracked and wouldn't heal and left a scar that is still there a year later. I presume it was detoxing but it was awful.
[quote="wifeyttc":cx3wsmnl]Hey YoMoma, There is a thread over on health and fitness here is the link for it hth :wv http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion ... 3&t=287956[/quote:cx3wsmnl] Thanks a mill, i read all the way down to the bottom and then saw 26 pages :eek feckin hell ill be reading all evening. Thanks though im sure it will be interesting reading ! I really only want to loose about 7 lbs, id love a stone, but 7 lbs would have me fitting perfectly into most :-8 of my clothes without wearing a sucky in top to stop muffin top on all my outfits !
errigal08 Posts: 1302
the best diet i have done..iv 3 stone off and never felt better,first few days were very hard but after that it was plain sailing,im on the 3rd phase now and havent put on any weight!
Diet started fingers crossed ! Gonna just stick with original thread, thanks wifeyttc for pointing me in right direction!