Theme Ideas??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cir Posts: 61
Hi girls, I'm getting married in Aug 2010, and was hoping to have a theme to our Wedding. There are so many different things to chose from I am kind of getting bogged down in it. O:| I would love to make a decision soon so that I can work around it, with decor and BM dresses, and even my own dress. Any ideas? Has anyone seen unusual themes lately?
Chiciness Posts: 4
It should be whatever suits you, whatever you're into, do you have a particular style? Have roots in another country? Otherwise if you just pluck something out of the air - it will look quite random I think?
blueswallow Posts: 1244
We're having an Art Deco style wedding because we love the music, dance, decor and fashion (well, the fashion bit is more me than him!) of the 1920's-40's. The bridal party clothes and accessories, the invitations, decor, music and dance will all hint at the theme - but we're not overdoing it either. I think it's important not to force a theme - if there's something you're both really into, then maybe that could influence the style of the wedding. But make sure it 'fits' with your personalities.
gilded-lili.com Posts: 10
With your wedding nearly 1yr and 5 months away, its probably too early to force yourself to choose a theme. I can understand that you want to visualize the event but start small. Start by choosing your venue or dress, don't worry about a theme just choose something you love, and bit by bit it will fall into place. Catherine
cir Posts: 61
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the advice. Think I'll just take my time with it and see what happens. :wv
doras Posts: 164
Hi I saw a green thread going, so I thought I would start a blue one:) My BMS are ice blue, so I am looking to match flowers and shoes and the rest of the wedding, any one else a shade of blue? and what kinds of matches are u making:)
stephyb Posts: 1439
a couple of themes i was considering because they turn out so pretty and elegant, were butterflies, cherry blossoms and then asian theme in general. We've ended up with our theme being more ''colours of pink and purple'' lol with lots of floral motifs
angel1978 Posts: 1154
I would just start to choose what you like and see what it all turns into. I had no thoughts of a theme at all but my and bridesmaids dresses are very grecian so i decided to go down that route and it has worked out very well so far.
anika Posts: 2194
we are having a celtic themed wedding :o)ll
kila2008 Posts: 678
I don't know about themes....perhaps take different elements of your personalities, or interests or your life together as a couple and incorporate these aspects into your own theme so that its something that represents the two of you rather than just picking a theme for the sake of it. Perhaps have a look at the real weddings covered on www.stylemepretty.com as there are some really nice ideas on there that might give you some inspiration! Best of luck and make sure you let us know what you pick!