There is Hope.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

summerhappy Posts: 64
Girls, I wanted to share my story with you to give some hope to those long term TTC'ers. I'm not a regular poster (except when I'm looking for some advice - sorry) Bascially, we have been TTC since October 2005. I came off the pill and had regular cycle until March 2006 and then my periods stopped. I went to GP who wanted to put me back on the pill to regulate my cycle - HELLO. I pushed it and wanted to see a consultant so off a letter went to the Rotunda and I had my first appointment in October, where they took bloods etc. I started Accupunture in August and a month later I had my first period but they didnt remain regular. I went to see a professor of chinese medicine in November (by advice of my accuptuncturist) who prescribed herbs for me. I started taking these (horrible potion but I was willing to try anything). In the meantime, i returned to Rotunda where my consultant prescribed clomid for me. I took 2 cycles of this as AF didnt come. Long story short, I did a test on 23rd Dec and I tested postive, I did 4 more and they were all positive.... To be honest I think I'm still in shock - but so happy at the moment, But to all of you out there still TTC, I can take a while but believe me I've lost faith numerous times, thinking it will never happen - but it can, I just wanted to give you some hope and not give up............
ginger nut Posts: 5989
congratulations summerhappy - always good to hear good news. Thanks for sharing that with us and good luck with everything.
mammybean Posts: 10364
thats great news. you will have to become a regular poster in p&b now! how far along are you. would you recommend accupuncture for ttc?
summerhappy Posts: 64
yes I would recommed accupuncture alright - I think to be honest it was a combination of those disgusting herbs and the medication or maybe it was just my time. I got due date of 15th August... WOW - I'm pregnant..........
mammybean Posts: 10364
that is so great!
Princess consuela Posts: 1480
Ah that's brilliant - congratulations
NotHere Posts: 10273
Congrats!! You must be so happy!! Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy :thnk
SpringBride Posts: 406
Congrats Summerhappy very best of luck. Your story will keep the rest of us going!
Sugababe* Posts: 988
Congrats summerhappy Thats a lovely story so happy for you and DH Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months *) *) :wv
pipn lucy Posts: 330
Thank you that gives me hope tooo!!! I am so happy for you. Good luck in the months ahead. :o)ll