Think need two make-up artists!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Kildarebride08 Posts: 11
Looking for help! My ceremony time is at 12pm. As i have to travel to my hair dresser i won't get back until nearly 10-10.30am which leaves me tight fro time for make-up for me and my 3 bridesmaids. Some make-up artists are telling me that the brides make-up alone takes 45 mins???? Anybody any advice on whether i need two artists? Or know of two that work together - i assume it would cost a small fortune to hire two completely separate artists!!! Any advice is really appreciated.
Princess Laughalot Posts: 103
When I was BM we had this issue too. What we did was as soon as 2 of us BM's were finished getting our hair done we left and went back to the house to get our make-up started. Then by the time the bride and the last BM got back to the house we were almost done. It really saved a lot of time. Maybe you could do something like this?
Princess Laughalot Posts: 103
When I was BM we had this issue too. What we did was as soon as 2 of us BM's were finished getting our hair done we left and went back to the house to get our make-up started. Then by the time the bride and the last BM got back to the house we were almost done. It really saved a lot of time. Maybe you could do something like this?
Kit De Luca Posts: 33
Hi, Would you consider finding out if your hairdresser can come to your house or wherever you'll be getting ready on the morning? That's what I'm doing as I didn't want the stress of racing back from the hairdressers to meet the beautician. This way I can sit in my comfy clothes for the whole morning with people pampering me while I sip some champagne!! :o0 :o0 If this isn't an option then I'd be sure to take a few cars to the hairdressers so that as soon as you and your BM's are finished they can head straight home without having to wait for each other. Best of luck :wv
Kildarebride08 Posts: 11
Thanks girls! Did try and get my hair-dresser to come to my house but as its the Saturday before xmas they need her in the salon! I've been going to her forever so couldn't have anyone else. Good idea on teh two cars and soem of the BM's heading on before me - would def save time Thanks again
MrsJackson Posts: 374
I was just going to suggest that the hairdresser come to you but I see that is not an option. I am in the same situation as you with 3 bridesmaids and MOB all for hair and make-up. I have the make-up artist booked to come to my house that morning and if I can't get the hairdresser to come to us we will just have to go in seperate cars and make the appointments very early that morning. Hope you get it worked out *)
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
Removed
Hawaii50 Posts: 89
Hiya I work as a make-up artist and this happens all the time. The suggestions are right - as soon as people have their hair done they should leave straight away. On a few occassions I have done make-up on people before they get their hair done. What they do is wash thier hair themselves get the make-up done at say 9 and then head to the hairdressers. This solves the problem of the make-uip artist having to wait till 10.30 to get started. Allow 30 mins per person to get done - some take less but the bride may take more. Hoe this helps!!!
Loopy Loo Posts: 1774
I would consider the option of the makeup artist going to the hairdresser's too. We did that when I was bridesmaid for my friend a few years ago and it worked really well. We were all able to stay together, which was nice, and as soon was one was finished with the hair, she got her makeup done. For our wedding we did the 2 cars thing, and I hated that we weren't all together - I'm a bit of a sap I suppose :o0 :o0
emily09 Posts: 169
I am having my 3 sisters for bridesmaids, 2 of which are qualified makeup artists. While one is doing my makeup the other is going to do the other bridesmaid and my mam, then they will do each others. If you like i can ask if they are available and how much they would charge for the two of them.