Thursday wedding ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Oilean Mor Posts: 21
Hi girls Would like some opinions on a Thursday wedding? The room we love in our venue can only be rented on Thursday - or on Friday with another wedding in another part of the hotel. What would you choose - one wedding only on a Thursday or share your venue on a Friday ?
excitedredhead Posts: 89
I dont think there is a problem having a thursday wedding at all! Its not that unusual anymore! Maybe i'm biased because my wedding is on a thursday! i think there is a quite a few wollies having thursday weddings too!! I wouldnt let the day worry you at all & go for it if thats what you both want! Hope that helps & good luck with all the plans! O-O
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
If I was in your situation I would probably go with the Friday. Check with the hotel about the chances of the two groups mixing, time other bride will arrive, etc. They are probably used to managing two weddings and any complications that might come with it.
dmcphotography Posts: 1365
Hi Oilean Mor, From my experience as a photographer I find that Thursday weddings are getting more and more popular. I say go for it if you don't want another wedding in your venue on the same day. David
dmcphotography Posts: 1365
Hi Oilean Mor, From my experience as a photographer I find that Thursday weddings are getting more and more popular. I say go for it if you don't want another wedding in your venue on the same day. David
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Id go for the Thursday because I wouldnt want to have another bride at my venue and I also would worry that your guests wouldnt be able to stay because of the other wedding - as in there is then double demand for accommodation.
Jawl Posts: 8881
As a guest, I'd find it a bit of a drag, as I'd have to take 2 days off annual leave from work. Valuable annual leave. But if it was a family member or close friend, I'd just suck it up and go, cos I'd want to be there for them. O-O
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
OUr wedding is a Thursday and a lot of Thursdays around our date are booked out in our venue so it's getting more popular. I think weddings are held every day of the week these days. Friday might be handier for people as they'd only have to take the one day off work like, BUT in saying that I wouldn't like another wedding in our venue on the day. I would worry about demand for accommodation, pressure on the kitchen, pressure on the staff and also, frankly, the other wedding party. I know MY guests and know they won't cause trouble and will be well behaved and have a good night, but I know no such thing about the OTHER bride's guests. When we looked at wedding venues we discounted anywhere they held two weddings a day, only looked at hotels that had a 'one wedding per day' policy.
coco11 Posts: 309
For me personally I would hate the idea of sharing a venue and it would be just a non runner for me from the start. Knowing my luck some super model bride wud arrive in an identical dress!!!! ;o( I know hotels who do this must be gud at keeping parties separate but when it comes to drinks before and the residents bar and silly things like that, ur bound to be sharing the limelight, god I sound so vain ha!!! I wud defo go for the thurs if it was me!!
Bellisima Posts: 3583
[quote="flowerbomb11":2jwp6aep]For me personally I would hate the idea of sharing a venue and it would be just a non runner for me from the start. Knowing my luck some super model bride wud arrive in an identical dress!!!! ;o( I know hotels who do this must be gud at keeping parties separate but when it comes to drinks before and the residents bar and silly things like that, ur bound to be sharing the limelight, god I sound so vain ha!!! I wud defo go for the thurs if it was me!![/quote:2jwp6aep] I agree with this completely. Am sure it wouldnt bother some people but it would bother me. Its nice I think when you're in the residents bar after and you can identify and chat with people who were at the wedding (even if you dont know them you know you've all spent the day together)