Time Travellers Wife

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ohsotired Posts: 7071
Tissues at the ready............... I just watched the trailer for Time Traveller's Wife!!!!!!!!!! http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/06/12/ ... lers-wife/ Can't wait to see it!!! Will bring a big box of Kleenex with me!!! :o0
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Jesus thats soooo weird, I was gonna post something about that today, may aswell say it now, am I the only one to find it a little confusing????? am only on pg 130ish but its just not capturing me the way I thought it would have from all the great reviews it got on here, but then again I never was normal :o0 :o0
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
Is it being made into a film?? I have just bought the book, but won't be able to read it until I finish another one
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Yeah Rachel McAdams & Eric Bana are in it - love em both!!! Mrs Summer - I also found it confusing when I was reading it first but stick with it and you shall be rewarded!!! :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs Time Travellers Wife!!!
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
[quote="ohsotired":sk9znwk1]Yeah Rachel McAdams & Eric Bana are in it - love em both!!! Mrs Summer - I also found it confusing when I was reading it first but stick with it and you shall be rewarded!!! :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs Time Travellers Wife!!![/quote:sk9znwk1] Thanks ohsotired thats exactly what I needed to hear, wouldnt even watch the trailer incase it gave something away :o0 :o0
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
This is great - actually some decent movies to look forward to this summer. Didn't realise this was coming out. Defo can't wait to see it. Mrs Summer as I recall it took me til almost half way through to get to grips with it but then could not put it down. Must read it again actually.
Babyloco Posts: 964
Definitly the best book ive ever read its soooo good
ms-not-mrs!! Posts: 287
LOVED that book-so good but it did take time!! My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult is also out this month. Cant wait!! I dunno why thou. Films of books i love always let me down!!
Smurfette Posts: 522
I LOVED the Time Travelers's Wife....thought it was the best book I had read in a long time and one of the best love stories I've ever read. Not sure about the movie though....maybe its just the trailer but I thought they made the movie looked a bit fluffy.....will try and wait to reserve judgement until I see it....can't wait :o)ll Movies based on books do have a tendancy to let the book down. One of the rare exceptions to this (in my opinion) was Atonement. Brilliant book and the move was fantastic as well.