We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dancerformoney Posts: 2733
:xox
forsure Posts: 282
Feel your pain girl, im sick of it all and can't wait for it to be over (just so we can have our lives back and not worry about buying this or going there because were saving for the wedding) It will all be worth it in the end (so i'm told)!!!!!! Totally understand where your coming from!!!
dancingqueen Posts: 491
Hey Mrsjo2b sorry your not enjoying your planning. If your not enjoying it just stop! I see you have 7 months planning to the Wedding so loads a time....Myself and fiancee set aside a time each week to have a "Wedding Meeting" no phones, no tv no lap top for about an hour or so. Just both discuss what we would like and do it. Try that with your fiancee...might work?? Anyways if not then just make a call......for example viewed a few cake website yesterday, saw something I liked, asked fiancee he liked them to, got quote, happy with it booked cake, job done....You will just start making calls on things...it will be perfect don't worry. Do you want to look back once the wedding is done and say I really didn't enjoy that time in you life... Take control, make decisions, get the job done. Good luck!
Groovy-Chick Posts: 2383
I was starting to feel a bit like that before Christmas. I think I was just feeling a bit overwhelmed with things to be honest. So I took about a month "off" in a sense. I still talked about the wedding etc but I didn't book anything, do any research (aside from WOL!) and once Christmas was over I started feeling much better and now am back in a wedding frenzy again and am getting so much done. No doubt i'll need a bit of time off again in a few weeks so trying to get what I can done now
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
[quote="Groovy_Chick":o32jdb0v]I was starting to feel a bit like that before Christmas. I think I was just feeling a bit overwhelmed with things to be honest. So I took about a month "off" in a sense. I still talked about the wedding etc but I didn't book anything, do any research (aside from WOL!) and once Christmas was over I started feeling much better and now am back in a wedding frenzy again and am getting so much done. No doubt i'll need a bit of time off again in a few weeks so trying to get what I can done now[/quote:o32jdb0v] I was the exact same Groovy Chick.. i took a big time out, and now back in full swing again. Maybe its because with the long xmas break, I didnt go onto my h2b's laptop much to bother researching, but now im back in work at my pc, and because everyones (nicely) saying 'oooh its your wedding year!!'' im starting to panic :action34
[quote="Dub_angel1":9lvsp10x]everyones (nicely) saying 'oooh its your wedding year!!'' im starting to panic :action34[/quote:9lvsp10x] O god yeah Im getting that as well...and everytime Im on the phone to my mum she's saying it's only 7 months now ya know!! Arrghhh!!!! :o0
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
[quote="Groovy_Chick":24i9zz5j]I was starting to feel a bit like that before Christmas. I think I was just feeling a bit overwhelmed with things to be honest. So I took about a month "off" in a sense. I still talked about the wedding etc but I didn't book anything, do any research (aside from WOL!) and once Christmas was over I started feeling much better and now am back in a wedding frenzy again and am getting so much done. No doubt i'll need a bit of time off again in a few weeks so trying to get what I can done now[/quote:24i9zz5j] I had a very long reply typed and lost it!! what i said was that i havent really done anything since oct/nov, got bm dresses. But kinda said to myself that i would hit the ground running in January, well january is here now and i dont know where to start!! :hyper: it feels like a rolling snowball that wont stop and i need to get stuff done, regardless about how much im against it!! ah not against it so to speak, just panicing that i have so much left to do. my other reply was much better!! i suppose i have no choice but to get on with it!! im just gonna get out the list i made last week and start doing stuff on it!! thanks for all the advice and kind words, thought i was a weirdo that i wasnt enjoying it!! :-8
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
mrs Joe, Groovey and me.. all in the 7 month club.. Ah sure we've load of time. Yea loads more time to panic and worry haha :o0
well at this stage I have all the big stuff more or less done, it's just the wee things which all add up as well! There seems to be lots of them. How about if you break it down like someone else said? Like look up some cake websites, find something you like, book it take it off the list?? Invitations are next on mine....just cant get around to ordering my materials!!
[quote="Dub_angel1":3f5yxela]mrs Joe, Groovey and me.. all in the 7 month club.. Ah sure we've load of time. Yea loads more time to panic and worry haha :o0[/quote:3f5yxela] But it's ONLY 7 months Dub_Angel....ONLY!!!!! :action34 (So my mammy keeps telling me anyway!)