We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

horse2011 Posts: 15
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
i LOVE LOVE LOVE short BM dresses so would def go for them if they suit her!! I'm also getting married in Sept & having 2 BMs but unfortunately short only suits one. I don't mind what length they go for but if i had to choose i'd prefer short :lvs what colour are you going for?? I'm having a fushia pink colour :lvs
horse2011 Posts: 15
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I selected long. I think knee length are nice for summer weddings but apart from that I'd be going for long!
luckyladee Posts: 2550
I've selected Either. Personally I'm having knee length. But thats for a June wedding - so I'm not sure. My personal preference, whether long or short is for BM dresses that are flowy rather than structured....just my tuppenceworth.
stick Posts: 1229
i love shot dress, and it menas the bridesmaids will wear them again
Jawl Posts: 8881
I love the short flowy ones. But I'm having a winter wedding so I thought I'd go with long.
CroB2B2011 Posts: 399
My bms chose short ones but the wedding's abroad, if it was in Ireland I'd say they'd have picked long. I'm not a fan of the flowy ones, I think they can be very unflattering. An a-line, well fitted, structured dress tends to be more flattering imo.
MrsBump Posts: 869
I said either, once it suits your bridesmaid and your own dress, like I wouldn't go short bmaid dress if you were wearing a ballgown style dress, it wouldnt look right, if your gown is very formal looking I'd go with a long bridesmaid gown
stickwoman Posts: 2394
I chose short, but either would be fine really. It's a matter of personal taste I think. My cousin was BM in December for her brother and she had a full length, but she's getting it altered so that she can wear it again.