Travel expense how much??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Drummerswife Posts: 3497
I am in contact with a supplier who gave her quote and then said travel expenses which will be no more then €80 I replied (at this stage not knowing where she was from) could we cap the travel at €50, meaning if it reached fifty it wouldnt go anymore but if it was less we would be charged less. She agreed and has since sent a receipt for the deposit stating full amount due including the €50 ( no depending on travel) She is travelling from Rathmines to Trim, Co. Meath. Not sure what others think but I think €50 is a bit much for travelling an hour each way. Esp considering were paying her €400 for her service. I know its only €50 but still every cent counts these days. Just looking for others opinions please??
queen30 Posts: 1551
seems a lot to me for quite a short distance. the only travel expense im paying is on my cake which is €50 coming from Galway though so dont mind as its quite far and still works out cheaper than the quote i got for a cake in dublin.
Thanks that. No one else has charged travel expenses (well declared it at least) so I don't know what's the usual.
minkel Posts: 270
Very expensive IMO - Our singer charged us €50 to travel to a location which is 4 hours from where she is based in Dublin (it probably took her longer as she didn't know where she was going!!)
LastRolo Posts: 6892
IMO thats too much!
Thanks ladies. gonna send them an email now and see what they say.
I emailed her and she apologised for the confusion saying that it wouldn't be the 50 but more like 20 which is ok. Glad I asked though in case she just went ahead and charged the fifty. Thanks for all your replies as they gave me the confidence to email.