Travelling to Spain question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
We're on hols tomorrow so I'm going to engage in a bit of this: :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll We've booked through a travel agent but I know traveling to Spain means you've to register. We're flying Aer Lingus but it won't let me register. Now during the week the travel agent called to double check LO's DOB and other details so maybe they do the registering? Any help appreciate!
zoesmama Posts: 2774
Ring Aer Lingus to be sure. I have found in the past that when I try to do anything with the kids booking online it won't let me particularly if they were under 2 years old. I have also got to the airport (twice) to discover that they didn't have DD (under 2) on the Booking at all.
LO is on the ticket printout as a separate booking. I'll call them to be sure.
zoesmama Posts: 2774
Do call them as I had a Print Out too but they couldn't find her on their system at the airport. Happened twice at Dublin on 2 separate trips and then again in Athens in the way home. It was worse in Athens as they couldn't seem to understand it (and they are not AL staff doing the Check-In) and I was so glad that I had DH who is Greek to talk to them. Actually in Athens it happened at Check-In and it took ages to sort out and then when we were boarding, the boarding card that they gave us for her also wouldn't work at the gate. Luckily they had the same person on the Gate as they had had at the Check-In Desk. I would call them and check that she is listed with them and also that you are all registered for Spain and if not how to do it.
lollisue Posts: 507
Ring them to check but we had the same problem a few months ago, phoned aer lingus and we were told that they don't allow you to update details online unless you've booked directly through aer lingus. If you're through a travel agent you have to do it at the airport. You won't be able to check in online either.
Just thought I'd update in case it might help anyone. We didn't have any hassle about registering the details, its done automatically.However, despite confirming we were traveling with our baby who'd be sitting on our knees, at check in in Dublin and Spain they had no record of her booking, even though she was on the documentation from the travel agent. It was sorted and we didn't get stressed but it seems to be a bit of a hit and miss situation for those with babies.