U2 have cancelled on me!! (and lots of other people)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sticks'nStones Posts: 401
Ah I am gutted over U2 postponing their Aussie gigs - I was so looking forward to seeing them. We missed out on tickets when we were in Ireland and moved into our new house the week the gigs were on. I was really upset not to get to see them. It was such a treat that they were coming to Melbourne. That said I know it must be something very serious to keep them away so I suppose that is more important. I hope whoever is ill is not suffering too much or will at least see an end to it. Well at least we have the commonwealth games to keep us amused. MPA
Sentosa Posts: 57
Hi Mrs MPA I heard about U2 cancelling there gigs this morning on the radio. It is a disapointment to their fans who have bought tickets. But i'd say it must be extremely serious situation for them to do that.
booboo Posts: 622
I am raging too ...Hopefully they will reschedule some time later this year...
Minxie Posts: 884
A relative of one of the band members isn't well it appears. But don't worry MPA, they are postponing, not cancelling. They have a huge respect for their fans and will be announcing other dates I'm sure, when they can. From their website (I'm a subscriber :oops: ) [quote:3ik7dgw8] 08.03.2006 Vertigo '06: Final Dates Postponed. It is with great regret that tour promoter The Next Adventure announces the postponement of the final ten dates of U2's Vertigo '06 tour. This action is unavoidable due to the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band. The effected dates are listed below. 'Any fan of U2 will realise that this decision has not been taken lightly', said TNA President Arthur Fogel. 'We will announce further details as soon as we have them.' The effected shows, which are all sold out, are: March 17th & 18th, Ericcson Stadium AUCKLAND; 21st, Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre BRISBANE; 24TH & 25TH, Telstra Dome, MELBOURNE; 28th, AAMI Stadium ADELAIDE; 31st & 1st April, Telstra Stadium, SYDNEY; 4th, Nissan Stadium YOKOHAMA; 8th Aloha Stadium, HONOLULU. We'll bring you more news on U2.Com as we get it.[/quote:3ik7dgw8]
clucky Posts: 26471
i think it is Edge's daughter again - remember she had leukimia? (sp)
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Yeah I had heard that ages ago that she has leukemia. It is understandable in the circumstances that they posptone. But I am sure in the end the will reschedule it and it will be worth waiting for. I saw them on the Monday night in Dublin and it was brilliant