Unitarian church - parking?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

beatingmyselfintoadress Posts: 2387
Hi all, I posted this in another section, but realised I may get more views here! For anyone who has been married/at weddings in the unitarian church on Stephens Green, were there any difficulties with parking? We are getting married there on a Friday and already many of our guests have commented on how difficult it will be to get parking in the area!!! O:|
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Stephen's Green/Royal College of Surgeons car parks are beside it, or they might get parking on the Green itself. In fairness, do people expect a big church car park with a city centre church???? Dont worry about it....people should be well able to make their way into town....plenty of car parks in the area, plus Luas to the door, plus buses, plus taxis!!! People are gas arent they?? As if you didnt have enough to be worrying about *)
That's exactly it! Wouldnt you think that people would understand that the day isnt about where they are going to park?!!
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Put a note in with the invites saying that parking might be difficult right outside the church, give the names of the car parks, say Luas stop is outside. At least people can make their plans in advance. Where are you having your reception? We got married in town too, but the reception was in County Dublin, so we hired a bus from the hotel into town (so people coming from the country had the choice to leave car at hotel in the morning), and then back out to the hotel after the church. It worked really well, people were delighted with it and it meant I didnt have to worry about DHs elderly aunts and uncles from the sticks driving around Dublin :o0
Reception more near Kildare! So yeah, we have been thinking of a bus too! Would save endless hassle!