us dress sizes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rowenamorrison Posts: 7
has anyone bought dress from us for bridesmaids,goin by the measurements it says to order a us 10 which is uk 14 for one of my bridesmaids who is normally a size uk 6,for the other it says to order us 20 which is uk 24 and she normally uk 12-14.anyone able to shed any light???
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Are you going by Dessy measurements? I'm a uk10/12 but apple shaped and carry weight around my waist. When I took my measurements for a Dessy dress i should have gotten a size 16 because they base it on the biggest individual measurement iykwim. If it is a Dessy dress maybe they should try on sample dresses or get fitted in a bridal shop(some will do this for a small charge). In US sizes I can be anything from a 6 to a 10 so would be very careful about buying without trying on.
no they Mori Lee,have previously tried them on in a shop in dublin but the sizes were labelled as uk sizes,thanks for your reply
Looking at this chart it looks like a similar senario to the Dessy sizes. What shape are the dresses? If they are not very fitted at the waist or hips then do not worry too much about the measurements for that area..... I wore an empire waisted dress and should have bought the size that fitted my hips and bust best not bought the bigger size that waist measurements. Hopefully some wollies who bought Mori Lee dresses can help you.
it style 262 ,they fitted at the waist O:|
That's a lovely dress. Fishermansbride had similar dresses, maybe you could PM her and ask her about sizes? Best of luck!