Veneers - :-(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Pringle Posts: 57
Got my teeth prepped and got temporary veneers on yesterday. OMG i don't know how i'm going to last the 4 weeks i've to wait before getting the permanents on. :eek The temps are the worst things i've ever seen. They look awful and I feel like i've got a big lump of plastic or something in my mouth. I can't eat. Its awful. 4 weeks to go :o( :o( :o( :o( :o( :o( :o( :o( :o( :o(
Mrs Mia Wallace Posts: 869
Hi Pringle Can I ask you a bit more about this. I've always wanted to get this done. Was it really expensive and what's involved in getting them done. Did you get all of your teeth done or just the front four? Also, what were your teeth like before - ie: were they straight or crooked? Mine are crooked and I'm wondering if they can straighten them out with veneers or is a brace my only option?
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Pringle Where are you getting them done? PM me if you like. I got mine done last year. Is the lump of plastic on the roof of your mouth? Go back and tell them to take it off it shouldnt be there. I thought I was never gonna get rid of my temp teeth and cried and cried for the 4 weeks but I tell you it will be worth it in the end. Soooooooo worth it!!! It is horribe though so I feel your pain :o( Mia - If there is nothing "wrong" as such with your teeth I wouldnt recommend getting it done. Basically your talking about someone filing down your teeth and sticking fake ones on. Im running out the door now but if ye want any more info PM me and I will get back to ye later :wv
Pringle Posts: 57
At the moment I feel like its the worst decision i've ever made. My teeth were grand before they were just a bit uneven but at least they were my own. I have no teeth left only little stumps. It was horrible to see. fifibear- I am getting 6 done. Its not on the roof of my mouth of if i tap my bottom teeth against the top ones it feels really unnatural. It feels like i'm wearing something on my teeth like though plastic vampire teeth we'd wear as kids at halloween. I can't even talk proper and am in work. So embarressed. If I could i'd take the whole month off work. :o(
Insert-Name-Here Posts: 762
Don’t worry too much, I had crowns done and so had to have temporary plastic teeth for 3 weeks, I was so paranoid about them, turns out no one even noticed until I actually pointed them out :-8
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="Pringle":38ppa77a]At the moment I feel like its the worst decision i've ever made. My teeth were grand before they were just a bit uneven but at least they were my own. I have no teeth left only little stumps. It was horrible to see. fifibear- I am getting 6 done. Its not on the roof of my mouth of if i tap my bottom teeth against the top ones it feels really unnatural. It feels like i'm wearing something on my teeth like though plastic vampire teeth we'd wear as kids at halloween. I can't even talk proper and am in work. So embarressed. If I could i'd take the whole month off work. :o([/quote:38ppa77a] Pringle it will be worth it in the end. A bit late now I know but I would never recommend any one get them done whos teeth are ok. I got 4 done. The temp teeth are crap but you will get used to them over the next few days. The up side is I lost weight while I had them on because I was very aware of what I was eating :o0 I know you are very aware of them now and think every one is staring at you, but honest to god hardly any one will notice. Even when I met people after I got mine done I would say 95% of people didnt notice!! I told my dentist under no circumstances did I want to see my self with just the stumps.... he did tell me though that I looked like a woman who should live up the mountains with a load of cats :o0 Ok have to run... PM me if you need to know any thing else or just for a moan :wv
Lily K Posts: 643
Ah Pringle, I feel your pain too...had them done about 3 years ago and I cried for 2 days with the temps in. I was thinking the same thing that it was the worst decision of my life and I shoulda left well enough alone. BUT I did get used to the temps and no one noticed one bit (unless dopey me pointed them out!!) I got 4 done and was so happy with the result, i finally had confidence in my smile. I would agree with another poster who wouldn't recommend getting them done unnecessarily...I had caps on 2 of mine from when I was a kid and had to get them replaced anyway so got the crookedness fixed while I was at it...I also didn't see "the stumps" but I did fell them with my tongue...ugh! so can imagine the image is playing on your mind Pringle? Anyway, take care of yourself and I promise it will be worth it in the holiday snaps in summer O-O :thnk
fruitypie Posts: 826
I know what you mean about the plastic, I had braces, and for the whole 11 mths I had a bit of plastic behind my top teeth.. It was soo uncomfortable.. Speaking of veneers.. What's the story with Martha in Home and Away, does she have them?